Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

Freestyle / Tricking Thread

Are you really the best?

Re: Freestyle / Tricking Thread

Postby Phoenix » Sep 27th, '10, 11:22 pm

I rarely send out my demos since I plan to use them for videos that may be finished before 2050 and watched by 2 people if I'm lucky... lol

Haven't done much FS lately but here's a silly newer one I thought I'd share. Can't remember ever seeing something like it before so maybe I get points for uniqueness? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phoenix

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Sep 27th, '10, 11:40 pm

Haha, funny one.

But I guess you're not the first :p, Buddha did something a bit similar in Cattuthaj Jhana (see 8:05).
MidiMightyMoe

Postby Phoenix » Sep 28th, '10, 12:58 am

Forgot about that one heh. Certainly not on the same scale as mine (in terms of plasma) but a much better trick overall obviously :)
Phoenix

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Sep 29th, '10, 12:33 am

A trick that could have landed higher maybe, dunno exactly but I was too lazy to try anything :p .
And a small trick on an awsome map :D .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MidiMightyMoe

Postby hugman » Oct 3rd, '10, 3:29 pm

This is not freestyle but I'm going to post it anyway. I could do black2 years ago but white was always like running into a wall for me. Doing this lane was always my goal so now I can quit Defrag happy :D. I've done it before but never on demo, but last night I started practicing real CJs (instead of just flicking my wrist) which really helped. I failed the last jump at least 5 times because my strafing is pretty rusty. CJ here was not great but still, I made it :) can usually get 400+ ground speed
hugman

Postby 742617000027 » Oct 3rd, '10, 3:44 pm

Nice! :)

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Oct 4th, '10, 7:21 pm

Nice hugman :)

Here is another trick on ful-frozen. the 3x is sketchy, but gave me enough height :p.

Ps : realized that the rocket was useless on my amt-fs4 trick, maybe I'll do work on it again :D.
MidiMightyMoe

Postby RetroHelix » Oct 4th, '10, 9:15 pm

MMM@Fulfrozen-fs[pad-slope2x-3x].dm_68 <-- wow, that was nice. Keep it up. :clap:

Tried to make a trick on egyptfs. I managed it to land on the edge of the floating platform with the crytal that is "near" the spot I make the 3rox1gren on but have no demo :(. Here is a demo that shows the concept but I flew in the wrong direction... Maybe someone wants to try it.
RetroHelix

Postby hugman » Oct 24th, '10, 11:08 pm

Nice trick MMM! :D
I don't have anything nearly as good to post but w/e

Strafe demo again, I know, not FS, but I was really happy I made it. Two weeks ago I couldn't finish cos1white now I can easily do it three times in a row, still this lane was very hard. I've gotten better speeds on other lanes many times yet I kept failing this one (black2 also very hard for some reason??). I found it helps to go back and do an earlier lane every minute or two so you don't get as stuck failing the 2nd jump over and over hehe. That's enough strafe demos from me as I doubt I will finish anything harder. I drift very far right though, not the best demo. Bah never good enough
hugman

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Oct 25th, '10, 12:06 am

Really cool to see strafe tricks actually, nice one ;) . And gratz for your strafe lane :P .

Ps : bots deserve a sticky, freestyle doesn't ... :roll:
MidiMightyMoe

PreviousNext