Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

Negative Stickies

Are you really the best?

Negative Stickies

Postby TittenIgnition » Jul 8th, '12, 12:53 am

http://users.mrlazyinc.com/KittenIgniti ... n3-fix.bsp

I made this map a long time ago, though I'm not too sure how exactly I figured it out. I'm pretty sure it only works in CPM.

Basically, you hug the wall and jump once (you won't get up the platform), then you leave the wall and jump again, and this time you'll get up. Then the platform will be -.3u away from you (a negative offset; you're inside the floor). This enables the overbounce down the pit, which is the route to finish the map.

It's simple, though somewhat inconsistent. You can occasionally get the sticky by jumping up normally, and you can even get it in VQ3. Also, touching a wall will reset it.

Has anyone found this before? Are there any remotely possible uses for this in a map that isn't designed specifically for this bug? Does anyone know the exact cause, or can anyone figure it out? I'd like to know what exactly this is. I'm looking at you, hk!

P.S. This is more or less what urmom_run3 was supposed to be, but Radiant changes minute values somewhat, and I forgot to test it on the final compile.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Re: Negative Stickies

Postby Le another black niger » Jul 11th, '12, 9:00 am

Kewl find mang!
GJ

Buggy physics keeps surprising :shifty:

I guess, its useless 'irl', since you need very special setup.
Le another black niger