Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

DeFrag Demos Archive??

Are you really the best?

DeFrag Demos Archive??

Postby sinthesis. » Feb 25th, '11, 10:28 pm

Heyho dear fellow defraggers :),

I've been looking for some kind of demo archive for defrag to compare my runs to others and to get clues on what to do better. I mean something like this http://q3a.ath.cx/, but for demos. I was kinda happy when I seemed to have found it here, but in the list of "mDd-Records" there are no demos included. Why is that? Isn't that mandatory, if someone claims to hold a record (I'm not accusing anyone of anything here, just wondering)?

The only thing I found is this: http://demos.pwnoogle.com/?c=defrag, but it doesn't even contain a demo of cpm_2 (which is quite common i think?).

So if you could help me out here, I'd be really glad :).

sinthesis.

(btw nice place you got here :D)
sinthesis.

Re: DeFrag Demos Archive??

Postby TittenIgnition » Feb 25th, '11, 11:17 pm

theres no public access to the mDd serverdemos and stuff, so theres nowhere you can get the online demos. speedcapture.com has some awesome ctf demos though.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby sinthesis. » Feb 26th, '11, 2:36 am

Yeah I'm aware of that website, but I'm not really interested in CTF demos. I'm not doing any fastcap runs.

So there is absolutely no place where I could simply enter "cpm_2" and receive a list of demos? That's... sad :(. Second dissappointment after w3sp told me he quit Quake 18 months ago -.-.

Why is nobody opening a demo archive here? Where everyone could just throw in his demos. Seems like the perfect place to me :).

Thanks for the reply.
sinthesis.

Postby <hk> » Feb 26th, '11, 2:45 am

Such a site will be coded for the DFWC. Well, the mDd site will be modified to fit the DFWC's needs. While we are at it the regular site will get that feature, too.
The demo upload is purely voluntary.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby TittenIgnition » Feb 26th, '11, 4:09 am

<hk> wrote:Such a site will be coded for the DFWC. Well, the mDd site will be modified to fit the DFWC's needs. While we are at it the regular site will get that feature, too.
The demo upload is purely voluntary.

thats like music to my defrag-sensor-organ-thingy. i like this.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby sinthesis. » Feb 26th, '11, 4:56 pm

Yeah that sounds nice indeed :).

Will that ONLY be for DFWC and it's participants? Or for every and anyone? And how far's the progress already?

greets.
sinthesis.

Postby TittenIgnition » Feb 26th, '11, 11:11 pm

sinthesis. wrote:Yeah that sounds nice indeed :).

Will that ONLY be for DFWC and it's participants? Or for every and anyone? And how far's the progress already?

greets.

i think he said that anyone can upload demos, and they would be available for everyone to watch, but it wouldnt be the main serverdemo archive. so say you get a good run on ghost-egypt, and beat 13 seconds, the serverdemo would be saved automatically, and then you have the choice to upload it for everyone to see.

i think...
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby <hk> » Feb 27th, '11, 1:46 am

Yes, you can either upload your demo matching a record, unlock the server demo or have no demo at all.
You will be able to upload demos that don't match a mDd time.

Please don't expect this very soon. NM has a lot of work on his hands. Writing this is not easy and will take time. It will be ready for the DFWC, though.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby like@boss » Feb 27th, '11, 12:59 pm

God that's a pity isn't it, no place to download demos or something? Shame like
like@boss

Next