Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

polish trickz center tribute

Are you really the best?

polish trickz center tribute

Postby 1000archangels » Oct 25th, '10, 8:46 am

ok, so this is the package i have been doing since may, with a variety of time sacrificed.
i decided to contribute to the allmighty, however dead nowadays polish trickz center, which was one of the most interesting places for defraggers back in the past. all of those demos were found via this site, some of them were found on private, almost forgotten ftp sites, some of them downloaded off defrag.pl..
anyway, i created 12 demos of tricks and in my opinion most interesting exceptions of freestyle runs, or just inspired by them [huh, you may ask, who is doing freestyle runs today] of polish players, some of those tricks were a pain in the ass, just like doomer's or rono's [remember, while starting this i was familiar with, but still a total noob in vq3 tricking so it really WAS a pain in the ass], yet i am proud of every recreation of them. i am not trying to show off, or to prove anything - this is done as a tribute to all those players, who are since long time retired, or just stopping by from time to time, like demon, doomer or rono. the purpose of this pack is also to re-spread the word about tricking, since it seems to be quite forgotten these days, and everyone is focusing on +left accusations and timeresetting.
all of those tricks are old, the oldest is pK.hool's fs run on ctf2 [2001], some of those tricks are a pure rocket spam, some of them are technical and very precise, yet all of them are in my humble opinion very sexy and i would like to thank all the original creators.

however, there is one person i did miss in tributes, and it is because of her [yes, it is a girl!] uber 1337 skills - the demo of her is also included. tried it many, many nights, but i couldn't make it.
szakalka, i hope someone passes it to you - fucking gg!
i also missed alien's records, but the reason is quite obvious in this case :)

i know, today people demo harder stuff, with more rockets, zwobs and gazobs - but if those were your first thoughts after watching the demos, you completely missed my point.
i wanted to make a movie out of that, but my skills and a lack of time [i came back to this project after 2 months of daily work with no time for that at all] denied that. maybe i will upload clips onto youtube, god only knows.

to sum up, i would like to thanks once again for all those hours of fingerache, slammed keyboard, and endorphins after my efforts became successful - you cannot imagine how good it feels after completing, once again, those tricks.

gg

ps. as a preview, few of them attached :)

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/24859117/tribute.zip < mirror1
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/91911fe8f223408b7f2b641 <mirror2
https://www.yousendit.com/download/ZGJm ... Y28wTVE9PQ < mirror3

enjoy :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1000archangels

Re: polish trickz center tribute

Postby test_ » Aug 11th, '11, 10:12 am

Hi could someone re-upload this package please.thx :D
test_

Postby dqopb » Jun 12th, '12, 8:59 am

Yep, really, can anyone re-upload these demos? All the mirror links are dead.
1000archangels ?
dqopb

Postby BleedingEyes » Jun 12th, '12, 1:09 pm

dqopb wrote:Yep, really, can anyone re-upload these demos? All the mirror links are dead.
1000archangels ?

2010. :violin:
BleedingEyes

Postby pol » Jun 12th, '12, 1:29 pm

pol