Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

New mouse advice / Mouse issues

Are you really the best?

Re: New mouse advice / Mouse issues

Postby Arcaon » Jul 6th, '10, 10:26 pm

Phoenix wrote:I've never had issues with it either but apparently it has a slower response and can suffer from wireless interference which doesn't make it ideal for [competitively] gaming with.

If that's true, it must be like a 1 ms vs 2 ms difference or something similar. Impossible to notice any delay. Also, practically all competitive gamers use corded mice. ;)

Most pros seem to use a Deathadder, Intellimouse or the $7 Wheel Mouse Optical. :D
Arcaon

Postby Phoenix » Jul 6th, '10, 11:28 pm

Yes it's a very small delay depending on the mouse. 1 ms for the Mamba which is probably the fastest on the market that I've seen. Still this is a huge disadvantage to pro gamers apparently. I'm not concerned about it. The beauty of the Mamba is that it has the option to be wired or wireless so if I absolutely needed that extra 1 ms (unlikely) i could just plug in the cord.
Phoenix

Postby Runningman » Jul 7th, '10, 7:05 am

mx518 for life
Runningman

Postby RetroHelix » Jul 7th, '10, 7:13 am

Runningman wrote:mx518 for life

Still on mx510 8-)
RetroHelix

Postby AL!EN » Jul 7th, '10, 7:49 am

RetroHelix wrote:
Runningman wrote:mx518 for life

Still on mx510 8-)

Same shape mouse, as G5, G5 SE and G500, even the MX500 has a good sensor.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby Phoenix » Jul 9th, '10, 3:59 am

Thanks for all the responses. Decided to take my chances with the Razer Mamba. I saw some more recent reviews saying it's better now so I'm hoping they got all the issues sorted out. I'll let you guys know how it works when it gets here :)
Phoenix

Postby <hk> » Jul 9th, '10, 10:18 am

Since everyone just talks about their setup, I'll do the same.

I used to have the all mighty MX500 and sold it to a friend.
I got the MX510 instead. The MX510 SUCKS. They coated the surface to make it all glossy. My fingers got all sweaty and ended up sticking to the mouse. Especially in very long plasma sessions. Also it started to make this permanent 16 kHz tone.
I swapped it for a G5 which I only bought, due to the roughly the same shape. I don't like the G5 that much either but my hand is not getting sweaty anymore. It behaves weird on linux if you don't use the evdev system. I will never buy a mouse that lets you move the mouse wheel to the left or right to trigger stuff again.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Phoenix » Jul 22nd, '10, 4:00 am

Alright I've been using my new Razer Mamba for about a week now and all I can say is it's the best mouse I've ever used :)

Doesn't have quite as high of an arch to it as the MX1000 does so it's taking a bit of adjusting but so far it's performing perfectly both wired and wirelessly. Other than that the design is very similar. I find the thumb buttons are better placed. You can reach both without having to reach like I did on the mx1000. And although I've already clearly stated that I hate wired mice ... I actually don't mind having this one plugged in. Still use it wirelessly as much as I can though. Only real problem i have is i cant bind the forward mouse button in quake. The back one is mouse4 so i would expect it to be mouse5 but it's not.
Phoenix

Postby 742617000027 » Jul 24th, '10, 5:34 pm

Install the drivers and assign a keyboard key to the mousebutton. Then you can bind whatever you like to that key in Quake and trigger it with the mousebutton you bound it on.

Postby Phoenix » Jul 25th, '10, 2:37 am

Thanks I'll give it a try. Drivers are all installed I just haven't played around with assigning different mouse buttons yet.
Phoenix

Previous