Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

DFWC 2012 - Maps

Re: DFWC 2012 - Maps

Postby Arcaon » Nov 28th, '12, 11:13 pm

wubwub wrote:
Arcaon wrote:yo wub dog call your local goldsmith and tell them they gonna be workin overtime this month

got it chief

Ehehehe. So based.
Arcaon

Postby pol » Nov 28th, '12, 11:25 pm

<hk> wrote:round 5 CPM demos taking advantage of the "infinite rockets bug" will be disqualified! The rocket launcher is to be stripped after the initial teleporter.

and also

upload more than one demo!

pol

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 29th, '12, 7:10 am

<hk> wrote:round 5 CPM demos taking advantage of the "infinite rockets bug" will be disqualified! The rocket launcher is to be stripped after the initial teleporter.

and also

what for those who don't check this board then, add this on the dfwc page please
/cdtu/xas

Postby [gt]glm » Nov 29th, '12, 10:18 am

and also

you are fucking idiot! Im tellin you again, you cant change rules in middle of compitation as you want. And you cant force players to use routes which you want until you are not mapper
first of all update rules here http://dfwc.q3df.org/rules.php "only declared routes routes"
Why you didnt forbid any of such crap routes on previouse maps?
And again routes - its all about mappers and players, not admins.
I'm too tired and too lazy for explain why you are such softhead and why this dfwc fucked up for now.
I dont have time (or wish) to replay this worst fucking dfwc.
Im quit.
[gt]glm

Postby BerserK » Nov 29th, '12, 12:18 pm

I must say.. that I like the automatic sorting of demos into table :) and that is DFWC running at all. But that's quite everything good.

I don't get it HK.
1. Have you asked kopcik if that was intended?
2. It isn't easy to achieve your "infinite rocket bug". It's pretty annoying.
3. It doesn't help much at all (-slow start, slow end).
4. Have somebody (from whiners: arcaon) tried to finish it with both ways?

Arcaon wrote:There is absolutely nothing legit about this route, but if it's treated as such, I might drop out of this competition preemptively.

ROFL. What leads you to think that this was is absolutely illegal? And nice threating. Where is my img? Ah there it is: ( http://onrefni.ic.cz/dfwc/mddmem2.jpg )

BerserK

Postby Arcaon » Nov 29th, '12, 12:51 pm

BerserK wrote:I must say.. that I like the automatic sorting of demos into table :) and that is DFWC running at all. But that's quite everything good.

I don't get it HK.
1. Have you asked kopcik if that was intended?
2. It isn't easy to achieve your "infinite rocket bug". It's pretty annoying.
3. It doesn't help much at all (-slow start, slow end).
4. Have somebody (from whiners: arcaon) tried to finish it with both ways?

Arcaon wrote:There is absolutely nothing legit about this route, but if it's treated as such, I might drop out of this competition preemptively.

ROFL. What leads you to think that this was is absolutely illegal? And nice threating. Where is my img? Ah there it is: ( http://onrefni.ic.cz/dfwc/mddmem2.jpg )

I liked the image!

Relax, it has been calmly explained to me that the alternate route doesn't give infinitely better times, due to the different ending, and I have told hk to reverse this. It wasn't a threat; I was genuinely not in the mood to ditch my route and time that I was proud over, when I had finally found a DFWC map that was really fun to play. But as it appears, it's not certain that there will be a top 12 of -10 second rocket routes, and I don't necessarily have to switch to a trigger-avoiding rocket-spam gameplay just to qualify.
Arcaon

Postby esc?nebuLa » Nov 29th, '12, 1:02 pm

glm, don't drop out please. :o I agree that changing rules in the middle of a competition is debatable. When me and KiD first discovered this route, we hadn't tested it in vq3, or realized that the megahealth was removed, so I apologize for even bringing it up.

@Berserk - Kop4ik is in the military now I believe. I'm not sure if he's reachable at the moment.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby BerserK » Nov 29th, '12, 2:18 pm

Oh. Was wondering why he didn't sent demo.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby wubwub » Nov 29th, '12, 2:41 pm

Arcaon wrote:I liked the image!

cuz le
wubwub

Postby esc?nebuLa » Nov 29th, '12, 3:42 pm

Returning to the actual map design discussion...

dfwc2012-5 looks simple, but sexy. I love how the empty space isn't occupied by just blackness, but a texture that looks like the bending of space-time. Gameplay seems to be cpm-centric, however we'll see what the top vq3 players can do. There are multiple routes, ranging in skill. (Some of which are more fun than the fastest) Excellent map by kop4ik! 8-)
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

PreviousNext