Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

DFWC 2012 - Maps

Re: DFWC 2012 - Maps

Postby esc?nebuLa » Nov 28th, '12, 7:08 am

There is a start flaw in which the player can keep rocket and battlesuit. I'm not sure if kop4ik intended this, but it's a pity. It works with map_restart 0, so it's not a killbug, but I think it'd be pretty ridiculous to see everyone in top10 using this route. (Even more ridiculous than the hook in the last, with the exception of glm's insane sc.)

HK: Should this be allowed? :evil:
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 28th, '12, 10:06 am

esc?nebuLa wrote:

should have used pm
/cdtu/xas

Postby Arcaon » Nov 28th, '12, 11:26 am

esc?nebuLa wrote:There is a start flaw in which the player can keep rocket and battlesuit. I'm not sure if kop4ik intended this, but it's a pity. It works with map_restart 0, so it's not a killbug, but I think it'd be pretty ridiculous to see everyone in top10 using this route. (Even more ridiculous than the hook in the last, with the exception of glm's insane sc.)

Siiiiiiigh...
Arcaon

Postby BerserK » Nov 28th, '12, 11:57 am

I know just about normal way ho to keep bs. Dunno how the map_restart 0 works in your defrag client, but in my original q3/defrag mode I can't see any difference.

edit: IMHO the run with non BS at start could be faster due the different ending. Kopcik probably intended those different ways in cpm.

edit2: Demonor, have you checked shape of that trigger what makes the map different? :)
Last edited by BerserK on Nov 28th, '12, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby demon0r » Nov 28th, '12, 2:49 pm

esc?nebuLa wrote:There is a start flaw in which the player can keep rocket and battlesuit. I'm not sure if kop4ik intended this, but it's a pity. It works with map_restart 0, so it's not a killbug, but I think it'd be pretty ridiculous to see everyone in top10 using this route.

I assume that you're talking about cpm. Well, it doesn't work for me, even with map_restart. First 'room' forces player to doublejump and I always hit remove items trigger.

EDIT: oh, ok, it works. And it sux :P And you don't even have to map_restart to get it, you can recreate it even after /kill. Well, we need some clarification on that point then :P (I'd say that it wasn't intentional, but on the other hand - it's somewhat 'legit' way)
demon0r

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 28th, '12, 6:49 pm

this way imo looks pretty weird in play but it is effective, leading a completely different play style choice for cpm. there's no way kop4ik miss this, as there's an obvious hint when one get killed in that area. if he wanted to avoid this, simply making it to 300ms could solve all, no one would ever complain. but he didn't.
/cdtu/xas

Postby Arcaon » Nov 28th, '12, 8:12 pm

There is absolutely nothing legit about this route, but if it's treated as such, I might drop out of this competition preemptively.
Arcaon

Postby <hk> » Nov 28th, '12, 8:34 pm

round 5 CPM demos taking advantage of the "infinite rockets bug" will be disqualified! The rocket launcher is to be stripped after the initial teleporter.

and also

upload more than one demo!
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Arcaon » Nov 28th, '12, 8:43 pm

<3
Arcaon

Postby wubwub » Nov 28th, '12, 9:16 pm

Arcaon wrote:yo wub dog call your local goldsmith and tell them they gonna be workin overtime this month

got it chief
wubwub

PreviousNext