Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

Lessons Learned

Re: Lessons Learned

Postby <)Ghost(> » Nov 3rd, '12, 6:48 pm

where were u guys when they discussed this ranking system like 1 year ago?????
<)Ghost(>

Postby spanx » Nov 3rd, '12, 7:32 pm

i think all times should be added together for each round and whoever has the lowest time for all maps combined would be the winner.
spanx

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 3rd, '12, 7:57 pm

<)Ghost(> wrote:where were u guys when they discussed this ranking system like 1 year ago?????

i saw them discussing during dfwc2010 when i got eliminated on the tr'ish round 4 and didn't think about this seriously, but now i expect to be out some rounds later for i have something else to do but it seems i can play them all and i have to try my best all the time for my team's final rank or i'd feel bad about myself due to something like OCD
/cdtu/xas

Postby uN*DeaD|grisly » Nov 3rd, '12, 9:46 pm

Why do you think that if I was Russian that crazy?

Yes, I am grateful for the organization of the tournament. BUT ... to approach the organization with the responsibility. Until I see the lack of discipline and lack of confidence.

Sorry, but I would like to see the system at the time of addition of the round! Such a system which clearly shows how those who tried!
uN*DeaD|grisly

Postby yourGn » Nov 3rd, '12, 9:50 pm

uN*DeaD|grisly wrote:Why do you think that if I was Russian that crazy?

Yes, I am grateful for the organization of the tournament. BUT ... to approach the organization with the responsibility. Until I see the lack of discipline and lack of confidence.

Sorry, but I would like to see the system at the time of addition of the round! Such a system which clearly shows how those who tried!

I bet you used google translate.
yourGn

Postby uN*DeaD|grisly » Nov 3rd, '12, 10:13 pm

yes!!
uN*DeaD|grisly

Postby [gt]glm » Dec 2nd, '12, 5:53 pm

I think next time you should add rules for admins:
Administrators can not change the rules in the middle of compitation. (only in interval between maps and all changes should be evidently displayed on the main page)

Limit pre-runs(time from spawn to timer start) to 5 seconds or some other abitrary constant. To keep players from hurting them self over a start timer skip pre-run.

I think this one is unnecessary
[gt]glm

Postby AL!EN » Dec 2nd, '12, 6:20 pm

[gt]glm wrote:I think next time you should add rules for admins:
Administrators can not change the rules in the middle of compitation. (only in interval between maps and all changes should be evidently displayed on the main page)

Limit pre-runs(time from spawn to timer start) to 5 seconds or some other abitrary constant. To keep players from hurting them self over a start timer skip pre-run.

I think this one is unnecessary

Agree to this (but schedule is not "rules") + there should be one, clear communication channel for all things that was disccused via IRC/emails/PM etc.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby /cdtu/xas » Dec 2nd, '12, 7:01 pm

AL!EN-OB-Detector wrote:there should be one, clear communication channel for all things that was disccused via IRC/emails/PM etc.

adding comments to every dfwc round pages will be effective, as you said before
/cdtu/xas

Postby demon0r » Dec 2nd, '12, 11:44 pm

So ok, I don't know where to put this post, so let it be here.

First of all - thanks for this DFWC (I realise that it's not over yet, but for me it's over :P I don't have patience for last map). It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed being a part of it anyway ;) As I mentioned before somwhere - if next DFWC is going to happen, I will gladly take the shitty part in it as maps tester/demos validator, etc etc. I think, that if we'll fix flaws from this year's edition (like crappy communication between admins and players, problems with maps and anticheat, etc) than we will get the oportunnity to organise the greatest DFWC ever (provided that there will still be enough people playing this old damn game :D). I mean, there were lots of positive things about this one - like packed demos ready to watch immediately at the round end - fucking great! Some nice maps - present! Etc etc, but ye, with some more effort and experience from mistakes of this edition we can simply make it better. My english sux anus, but you get what I mean, right? ;)

GG people, it was a lot of fun ;)
demon0r

PreviousNext