Bot Competition

Re: Bot Competition

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 2nd, '12, 5:08 am

I'm dumb
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby dqopb » Oct 2nd, '12, 9:49 am

I'm ok to ban rm -128, and allow low upmove, as long as we don't have normal scripters involved.

I'm also ok with multiple people collaborating, but we may need to postpone certain deadline then, if the time constraints are too narrow for someONE. I'm personally going to compete on my own. How about you, khetti? Have an assistant?

The open question is, are we going to compete in vq3 or cpm? I like both, hehe.
Maybe, if we'll be the only 2 to compete, then maybe we'd better split to vq3 and cpm, with no competition but for a show only?
dqopb

Postby q3a » Oct 2nd, '12, 6:03 pm

dqopb wrote: and I'm not sure about q3a.

I do not have nothing to say about their participation or non-participation in this event :) it will depend on how many of my free time. If this event will be, then of course I will try to make every effort to solve the problem.

P.S.
about the rules ..
My position is the same, so that the above written khetti and dqopb.
q3a

Postby khetti » Oct 2nd, '12, 9:37 pm

dqopb wrote:I'm ok to ban rm -128, and allow low upmove, as long as we don't have normal scripters involved.

I'm also ok with multiple people collaborating, but we may need to postpone certain deadline then, if the time constraints are too narrow for someONE. I'm personally going to compete on my own. How about you, khetti? Have an assistant?

The open question is, are we going to compete in vq3 or cpm? I like both, hehe.
Maybe, if we'll be the only 2 to compete, then maybe we'd better split to vq3 and cpm, with no competition but for a show only?

I'm playing solo, and have no physics preference.
Yeah, if it is only us two, that may be best.
khetti

Postby sjuk » Oct 22nd, '12, 6:39 am

Results?

(sorry, almost mistyped as 're-sluts')
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby dqopb » Oct 22nd, '12, 8:52 am

A bit later. Was very busy at work last week, even worked overtime in the week-end.
This week promises to be even busier.. But I will finish the script sooner or later.
Luckily, we have the next round start postponed till Wednesday, so we still have the time to spend on this map (zeroth).

I find this map dull and hard in vq3. Even with a bot there is a lot of compromise places. I make a vq3 script, and I decided not to just switch on +strafebot, but to script it with a more rational approach. So it takes long to adjust the script in all those places.

Anyway, best 256 players of total 2 competitors will be qualified :D
dqopb

Postby khetti » Oct 24th, '12, 10:33 pm

Here is a lame CPM run for the first round.
No effort was expended due to my dislike of the map.

Maybe this end shortcut is possible in vq3?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
khetti

Postby dqopb » Oct 25th, '12, 10:55 am

khetti wrote:Here is a lame CPM run for the first round.
No effort was expended due to my dislike of the map.

Maybe this end shortcut is possible in vq3?

But you still caught a couple of 'random' hobs! Well done.

khetti, your demo consists of 23-24 jumps.
I have to delay because my way in vq3 will probably contain around 40 jumps, similar to Dex. By the way, I should admit that Dex's demo is so damn close to perfection, I can hardly beat him with a bot! I use velocity snapping and snap as many frames as possible (that's why it takes me so long to develop the script). But Dex still kind of plays 'catch-up' game with me, heh. I didn't see significant velocity snapping in his demo, and his J key presses are of course longer than scripted ones, but his performance is just incredible.
To be honest, my first drafts were a few frames slower than Dex after 4 jumps. I had to modify the approach, unbending the trajectory after the 1st two jumps. It made me lose 4 frames after 2 jumps, but make the 3rd jump earlier (there's a ground turn), and as a result overtake Dex by 1 frame after 4 jumps. Again, before the 5th take-off I spent less frames on the ground and increased the time gap. If I didn't see Dex's demo, my 5th take-off would be later than his one, lol. Seems like I know nothing about strafes :lol:

What about the shortcut, I couldn't find a way to do it in vq3. Maybe using the stone as in khetti's demo one can get a random zwob there, but I still doubt it.
I don't want to search the shortcut in vq3, because it may bring no results.
dqopb

Postby dqopb » Nov 2nd, '12, 6:25 pm

The next round has almost finished and I'm finally uploading a boted demo on the map from the previous round :D
I officially declare that Dex is just an unbeatable monster :clap:

In the 2nd demo there's an example of one of many wallbugs on the map. By the way, one of the wallbugs was used effeciently in the main demo (corner touch before the 3rd tele).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dqopb

Postby esc?nebuLa » Nov 4th, '12, 5:18 pm

Nice demos @ khetti and dqopb. :mrgreen: When can we expect round1 demos? :)
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

PreviousNext