Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

DFWC

Re: DFWC

Postby AL!EN » Nov 4th, '12, 3:38 pm

uN*DeaD|grisly wrote:Why my demo dfwc2012-1[df.vq3]00.31.640(grisly.Ru-vrn).dm_68 not valid? i'm use df_obs_kill 1. where is a random OB? bad tournament!!!

Call down. It was revadilated and it is fine.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 4th, '12, 6:12 pm

Arcaon wrote:
And if you didn't notice, the elimination system is still there. Have a nice day!

then what does the elimination do to the round losers? one winning round 2,3,4 gets raped in round 5 and can't participate in the round 6, but he has the very score superiority to get at least #3 overall... he is out of top 12 because of round 5, but he already ensures a top 3 in final results, and if the chasers aren't lucky enough he might win at last. hilarious?
this is much dependent on maps, but if a player claims to be the best he should be good at all kinds of maps, right? he wins 3 rounds, that's 3 types of maps, and he just can't handle the 4th type. can we still call him the best? moreover, if at first the round 5 map is put in round 2, and round 2 map goes for round 5, he'll pass round 2-5 and compete in final round. but actually he doesn't. is this fair for him?
that's why i think separating the best player and the winner is necessary. competitions are never fair for anyone, considering all aspects. all rulesets bring a winner, but there are always conditions that shit the best from being the winner. take a look at dfwc2008, in vq3 dex won 7/10 but lost, grenader won only 1 round but he was the winner. in cpm w3sp owned all he participated in, and then quit for lol reasons(things like this may ruin the current ruleset for dfwc2012). the best is like world rank #1, and the winner is just from the single comp. in actual world ranking systems, there are many comps for the players to take part in to accumulate scores; while in dfwc there are just 6(5 for now). that's far not enough for a point system to make out its best. we have very few players in this game, so the skill levels vary much even in top level and the randomness are blown by this(step back to 2008 when w3sp owned all, who else could challenge him? but if there are 100 w3sp level players, wtf then?); but it just can't work so well for dfwc, in theoretical way.
i don't know if i've made myself clear. i mean, in short, the current point system is as random as the old way in deciding the winner, THEORETICALLY, as the rounds are far from enough for the system to have its effect(if there are 50 rounds, it's more convincing). i personally prefer the old way just because the name was taken from the original World Cup. simply combining point system and elimination system would possibly bring in mess in sense(best or not?), as is raised above.

anyway, we are so small a community and i might never see the day my theory works for defrag competitions, all above could just be whining about rulesets. i'm doing my part to fight for the dream of making defrag more known out of the quake community, though, in which my theory would work fine then. :oops:
/cdtu/xas

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Nov 4th, '12, 6:16 pm

To: DFWC2012 Team

Rule request: Demos with timescaling reported is not allowed, anyone uploading a demo with timescaling reported will give 10 demerit points. It's strictly not allowed to upload strafebot (aided strafe jumping) demos, anyone uploaded strafebot demos will give 15 demerit points.

If timescaling reported demos are in your server after the round ends, we have no chance to remove these demos. Because the round is over.

The revised DFWC2012 Rules will take effective from Round 3.
ℼ佄呃偙⁅呈䱍倠䉕䥌⁃ⴢ⼯㍗⽃䐯䑔䠠䵔⁌⸴㄰吠慲獮瑩潩慮⽬䔯≎ാഊ㰊瑨汭ാ㰊敨摡ാ㰊楴汴㹥䉂⁃‭慌杮慵敧⁳‭敌牡灓湡獩⁨‭牃獯睳牯獤ⴠ圠湩整⁲灓牯獴⼼楴汴㹥਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽敤捳楲瑰潩≮挠湯整瑮∽敌牡灓湡獩⁨楷桴琠敨䈠䍂‮慈敶愠琠獡整⁲楷桴漠牵朠浡獥‬瑳牡⁴灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲敢楧湮牥❳挠畯獲獥漠⁲牢獵⁨灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲湩整浲摥慩整愠摵潩洠条穡湩⹥夠畯挠湡愠獬档捥潹牵氠癥汥‬敧⁴摡楶散‬慨敶礠畯⁲慳⁹湡⁤桳牡⁥潹牵猠潴楲獥∮⼠ാഊ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥欢祥潷摲≳挠湯整瑮∽灓湡獩ⱨ氠湡畧条⁥敬牡楮杮‬慬杮慵敧氠獥潳Ɱ愠畤瑬攠畤慣楴湯‬敳晬猭畴祤‬慬杮慵敧挠畯獲獥‬湯楬敮挠畯獲獥‬慬杮慵敧爠獥畯捲獥‬慬杮慵敧氠獩楴杮ⱳ戠来湩敮獲挠畯獲ⱥ戠来湩敮獲‬湩整浲摥慩整‬楶敤Ɐ愠摵潩•㸯਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽潲潢獴•潣瑮湥㵴椢摮硥昬汯潬≷⼠ാ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥挢敲瑡摥•潣瑮湥㵴㈢〰〷〳∱⼠ാ㰊敭慴栠瑴⵰煥極㵶䌢湯整瑮吭灹≥挠湯整瑮∽整瑸栯浴㭬挠慨獲瑥唽䙔
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

Postby demon0r » Nov 4th, '12, 6:46 pm

Crysis Warhead wrote:Rule request: Demos with timescaling reported is not allowed, anyone uploading a demo with timescaling reported will give 10 demerit points. It's strictly not allowed to ulpoad strafebot (aided strafe jumping) demos, anyone uploaded strafebot demos will give 15 demerit points.

But you realise, that you can get 'timescaling reported' just by switching between fullscreen and windowed mode?
demon0r

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Nov 4th, '12, 8:46 pm

demon0r wrote:
Crysis Warhead wrote:Rule request: Demos with timescaling reported is not allowed, anyone uploading a demo with timescaling reported will give 10 demerit points. It's strictly not allowed to ulpoad strafebot (aided strafe jumping) demos, anyone uploaded strafebot demos will give 15 demerit points.

But you realise, that you can get 'timescaling reported' just by switching between fullscreen and windowed mode?

No.
ℼ佄呃偙⁅呈䱍倠䉕䥌⁃ⴢ⼯㍗⽃䐯䑔䠠䵔⁌⸴㄰吠慲獮瑩潩慮⽬䔯≎ാഊ㰊瑨汭ാ㰊敨摡ാ㰊楴汴㹥䉂⁃‭慌杮慵敧⁳‭敌牡灓湡獩⁨‭牃獯睳牯獤ⴠ圠湩整⁲灓牯獴⼼楴汴㹥਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽敤捳楲瑰潩≮挠湯整瑮∽敌牡灓湡獩⁨楷桴琠敨䈠䍂‮慈敶愠琠獡整⁲楷桴漠牵朠浡獥‬瑳牡⁴灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲敢楧湮牥❳挠畯獲獥漠⁲牢獵⁨灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲湩整浲摥慩整愠摵潩洠条穡湩⹥夠畯挠湡愠獬档捥潹牵氠癥汥‬敧⁴摡楶散‬慨敶礠畯⁲慳⁹湡⁤桳牡⁥潹牵猠潴楲獥∮⼠ാഊ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥欢祥潷摲≳挠湯整瑮∽灓湡獩ⱨ氠湡畧条⁥敬牡楮杮‬慬杮慵敧氠獥潳Ɱ愠畤瑬攠畤慣楴湯‬敳晬猭畴祤‬慬杮慵敧挠畯獲獥‬湯楬敮挠畯獲獥‬慬杮慵敧爠獥畯捲獥‬慬杮慵敧氠獩楴杮ⱳ戠来湩敮獲挠畯獲ⱥ戠来湩敮獲‬湩整浲摥慩整‬楶敤Ɐ愠摵潩•㸯਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽潲潢獴•潣瑮湥㵴椢摮硥昬汯潬≷⼠ാ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥挢敲瑡摥•潣瑮湥㵴㈢〰〷〳∱⼠ാ㰊敭慴栠瑴⵰煥極㵶䌢湯整瑮吭灹≥挠湯整瑮∽整瑸栯浴㭬挠慨獲瑥唽䙔
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Nov 8th, '12, 4:43 pm

Request: If you didn't submitting your demos for past rounds, and you want to submit your demo for present round, it must be approved to submit your demos without submitting demos for past rounds.

Player(s) needs to be approved:

Crysis Warhead - Pending Approval
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

Postby Arcaon » Nov 8th, '12, 10:19 pm

: )
Arcaon

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Nov 9th, '12, 10:37 am

Source code: Source code for anti-cheat library will be available via PM (Private Message). But you won't able to upload your DFWC2012 demo with your compiled source code. The source code is for personal use only.
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

Postby Kilocide » Nov 9th, '12, 8:49 pm

It's been fun guys! I had a personal goal to make round 3 and looks like I fell just short. I scrubbed the end of my run and I had a feeling that would be the difference. Unfortunately it appears I was right. Thanks to the organizers and GL to everyone left in the race!

Incidentally if you were going to catch 3 cheaters or dq 3 people for random obs now would be a great time to do it. :lol:

Peace ciao-dy
Kilocide

Postby demon0r » Nov 9th, '12, 9:06 pm

Nice top vq3 demo, it will look great in DFWC movie (no comments, what the fuck...)

And why is 3rd round delayed? The fuck? If you're creating some schedule - just stick to it. I'm pissed off right now, because I really wanted to play this map today. Fuck mankind :)
demon0r

PreviousNext