Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

DFWC

Re: DFWC

Postby BerserK » Nov 12th, '12, 4:24 pm

Crysis Warhead wrote:
BerserK wrote:So you have to delete Arcaon from dfwc then :lol:

But the time is over.

Your brain is over when using double meter for different players.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 12th, '12, 4:35 pm

didn't understand the "sticky starts as a killbug". is it pointing at the ob after some spawns?
/cdtu/xas

Postby BerserK » Nov 12th, '12, 5:06 pm

respawn with "zwobing" leads to keep the ob in offline playing. Probably possible do an ob falling to the hole.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 17th, '12, 9:50 pm

Arcaon 10:864 isn't there a from-slope ob?
/cdtu/xas

Postby demon0r » Nov 17th, '12, 9:58 pm

/cdtu/xas wrote:Arcaon 10:864 isn't there a from-slope ob?

It is not allowed to use an overbounce that occours through touching a non-horrizontal surface

So it's not allowed to get random bounce on the slope. It's allowed to get the 'regular' bounce jumping off the slope. I hope that it makes sense ;)
demon0r

Postby TittenIgnition » Nov 17th, '12, 11:47 pm

demon0r wrote:

It is not allowed to use an overbounce that occours through touching a non-horrizontal surface

So it's not allowed to get random bounce on the slope. It's allowed to get the 'regular' bounce jumping off the slope. I hope that it makes sense ;)

The rules were as specific as they needed to be, and pointed out that this type of slope ob is prohibited. Demo should be invalid.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby AL!EN » Nov 18th, '12, 1:00 pm

When I look at the DFWC2012-1 and DFWC2012-3, I clearly see that those maps was swapped, right ? DFWC2012-3 was perfect for Round 1 as it has "easy" way. DFWC2012-1 is much harder and skill-demanding. Too many players was eliminated from fun after Round 1.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby BerserK » Nov 18th, '12, 1:02 pm

As I said on pinboard. By rules illegal. By brain legal. So wanna see what will HK do with it :)

Apropo(s): How does the anti-cheat work when you still isn't clear with TS reported? Just a bug or validators have no rights or informations to read the code created by this anti-cheat module to be clear in that point?

edit:
AL!EN-OB-Detector wrote:When I look at the DFWC2012-1 and DFWC2012-3, I clearly see that those maps was swapped, right ? DFWC2012-3 was perfect for Round 1 as it has "easy" way. DFWC2012-1 is much harder and skill-demanding. Too many players was eliminated from fun after Round 1.

Ye the map order wasn't the most lucky step by "Difficulty". But imagine how would people react after playing one miserable map and then get another masterpiece from ghost? :think:
BerserK

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 18th, '12, 2:23 pm

demon0r wrote:

i saw debate on this as early as sdc50-02 when dex used regular from-slope ob to start and had an ultra-fast to-slope random ob right before the end. the latter one was thought illegal by most people, but i saw no conclusion on the former one.
personally i believe it's legal because everyone can make the ob 10 out of 10 times when one just need to move on the slope and look for J, but as the rules said, any ob directly related to slope is forbidden. so this should be invalid, according to rules...
/cdtu/xas

Postby <hk> » Nov 19th, '12, 12:22 am

I will make my point a final time.

Random overbounces(in general) are banned for a simple reason. They are hard to reproduce. Falling down on a slope and getting a horizontal overbounce(HOB) is pretty lucky. If it were allowed to use these kind of HOBs every top3 player would have to grind them because there is always some idiot out there who will. It's just pointless and frustrating to fail over and over just because you NEED that boost from the overbounce.
This rule is here to prevent players from hurting them self. It's not cheat. We don't want to force players to waste their time with this kind of mind numbing activity.

Now to the from slope to ground HOB. It is not random. HOWEVER it takes a lot of time to position your self until you can do that bounce. Even though you can do it 10 out of 10 tries it's just annoying to set your self up ever single run. Hence the ban. Appreciate it.

In the next DFWC I would reccomend a rule that the start timer must be triggered within 2-5 seconds after spawn. That's enough time for a few prejumps.

Slope overbounces (random or not) are banned.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

PreviousNext