Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

DFWC

Re: DFWC

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Dec 9th, '12, 3:33 am

For greater chance to validating DFWC demos, the following rules are requested:

Do not use Cheat Engine speedhack or your demo will be invalidated.
If you suspect a demo that's using Cheat Engine, check the player's movements, mouse turnings, key pressings etc. Please use timescale or fixedtime to slow down demo playback to detect exploits, also demo with a little bit lagging (without Connection Interrupted message) is also an exploit by Cheat Engine.

df_competition is an optional rule.

To prevent any further random DeFRaG behavior, only specific teleport overbounces are allowed.

LAN (Local Area Network) demos are also not allowed, they are considered as multiplayer demos.

For map designers of DFWC:

Start timers must be triggered once and the start area must be player clipped to prevent any further timer reset behaviors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion:

I'd like to be a DFWC demo validator in an upcoming DFWC. Once you validated their demos, please let me check them and re-validate after the DFWC2012-6 round ends.
ℼ佄呃偙⁅呈䱍倠䉕䥌⁃ⴢ⼯㍗⽃䐯䑔䠠䵔⁌⸴㄰吠慲獮瑩潩慮⽬䔯≎ാഊ㰊瑨汭ാ㰊敨摡ാ㰊楴汴㹥䉂⁃‭慌杮慵敧⁳‭敌牡灓湡獩⁨‭牃獯睳牯獤ⴠ圠湩整⁲灓牯獴⼼楴汴㹥਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽敤捳楲瑰潩≮挠湯整瑮∽敌牡灓湡獩⁨楷桴琠敨䈠䍂‮慈敶愠琠獡整⁲楷桴漠牵朠浡獥‬瑳牡⁴灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲敢楧湮牥❳挠畯獲獥漠⁲牢獵⁨灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲湩整浲摥慩整愠摵潩洠条穡湩⹥夠畯挠湡愠獬档捥潹牵氠癥汥‬敧⁴摡楶散‬慨敶礠畯⁲慳⁹湡⁤桳牡⁥潹牵猠潴楲獥∮⼠ാഊ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥欢祥潷摲≳挠湯整瑮∽灓湡獩ⱨ氠湡畧条⁥敬牡楮杮‬慬杮慵敧氠獥潳Ɱ愠畤瑬攠畤慣楴湯‬敳晬猭畴祤‬慬杮慵敧挠畯獲獥‬湯楬敮挠畯獲獥‬慬杮慵敧爠獥畯捲獥‬慬杮慵敧氠獩楴杮ⱳ戠来湩敮獲挠畯獲ⱥ戠来湩敮獲‬湩整浲摥慩整‬楶敤Ɐ愠摵潩•㸯਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽潲潢獴•潣瑮湥㵴椢摮硥昬汯潬≷⼠ാ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥挢敲瑡摥•潣瑮湥㵴㈢〰〷〳∱⼠ാ㰊敭慴栠瑴⵰煥極㵶䌢湯整瑮吭灹≥挠湯整瑮∽整瑸栯浴㭬挠慨獲瑥唽䙔
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

Another new rule

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Dec 10th, '12, 12:54 am

Demos with incorrect system time and date settings are considered invalid. This likely due to motherboard's battery runs out.

Here's the output console when the player reaches the finish line:

-----------------
Date: 01-01-03 00:55
Time performed by -zapo- : 1:00:096 (v1.91.20 beta)

WARNING to -zapo-: Your demo will be invalidated due to incorrect system time and date.
ℼ佄呃偙⁅呈䱍倠䉕䥌⁃ⴢ⼯㍗⽃䐯䑔䠠䵔⁌⸴㄰吠慲獮瑩潩慮⽬䔯≎ാഊ㰊瑨汭ാ㰊敨摡ാ㰊楴汴㹥䉂⁃‭慌杮慵敧⁳‭敌牡灓湡獩⁨‭牃獯睳牯獤ⴠ圠湩整⁲灓牯獴⼼楴汴㹥਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽敤捳楲瑰潩≮挠湯整瑮∽敌牡灓湡獩⁨楷桴琠敨䈠䍂‮慈敶愠琠獡整⁲楷桴漠牵朠浡獥‬瑳牡⁴灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲敢楧湮牥❳挠畯獲獥漠⁲牢獵⁨灵眠瑩⁨畯⁲湩整浲摥慩整愠摵潩洠条穡湩⹥夠畯挠湡愠獬档捥潹牵氠癥汥‬敧⁴摡楶散‬慨敶礠畯⁲慳⁹湡⁤桳牡⁥潹牵猠潴楲獥∮⼠ാഊ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥欢祥潷摲≳挠湯整瑮∽灓湡獩ⱨ氠湡畧条⁥敬牡楮杮‬慬杮慵敧氠獥潳Ɱ愠畤瑬攠畤慣楴湯‬敳晬猭畴祤‬慬杮慵敧挠畯獲獥‬湯楬敮挠畯獲獥‬慬杮慵敧爠獥畯捲獥‬慬杮慵敧氠獩楴杮ⱳ戠来湩敮獲挠畯獲ⱥ戠来湩敮獲‬湩整浲摥慩整‬楶敤Ɐ愠摵潩•㸯਍਍洼瑥⁡慮敭∽潲潢獴•潣瑮湥㵴椢摮硥昬汯潬≷⼠ാ㰊敭慴渠浡㵥挢敲瑡摥•潣瑮湥㵴㈢〰〷〳∱⼠ാ㰊敭慴栠瑴⵰煥極㵶䌢湯整瑮吭灹≥挠湯整瑮∽整瑸栯浴㭬挠慨獲瑥唽䙔
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

Postby yourGn » Dec 10th, '12, 1:14 am

Hey, one advice about the dfwc webpage -- get rid of cryptic shit. Here's my n00bish impression, I just went there, clicked the Standings and what I see... What the fuck is this. I click "overall results", I see arca 9th, "can't be" I'm thinking then I click "points only" and, ok, this looks more like it, but wtf are these numbers? glm 6/1 sa1rax 5/1, hmm, I looked for the explanation around and didn't find anything in 30 seconds. At this point I said fuck this and left. Maybe it's just me, but I guess that's what happens when you try to overdo something as simple as table with names in order.
yourGn

Postby <hk> » Dec 10th, '12, 2:10 am

The round is not closed yet. Those rankings are not final.
I see the confusion though. I bet Michael already has a plan on how to fix it.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby esc?nebuLa » Dec 10th, '12, 6:21 am

I echo demon's sentiments about the entire competition! I'm grateful that somebody is still organizing DFWC even though it had a few errors and delays along the way. Website look and feel overall was clean, but could use some minor tweaks here and there. I loved the zipped demos instantly available at the end of every round.

Thank you to the DFWC team!

Insane @ DeX winning every single map. :twisted:
sa1rax, glm, hox, ranefire, arca: I always enjoy watching your demos. I was even surprised by xas (parabola).

The only thing that I could really bicker about is the various map exploits and obvious lack of good map testing and validation. In my opinion, there should not be any trigger skips or hooks in a world cup. Maybe for any other small competition, but not for this one. Losing several places/points due to a cheap exploit that could have easily been prevented is pretty frustrating. I understand players taking advantage of this for the top times and points, but it's still not ideal for DFWC. :roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby RetroHelix » Dec 10th, '12, 10:56 am

GG anyone. I really enjoyed watching the demos of the top 5 and last ones :D
I hope there will be better maps next DFWC but I doubt there will be another one (but who knows...).

PS. Was the cheatengine useful for the validators?
RetroHelix

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Dec 10th, '12, 5:56 pm

RetroHelix wrote:GG anyone. I really enjoyed watching the demos of the top 5 and last ones :D
I hope there will be better maps next DFWC but I doubt there will be another one (but who knows...).

Validators doesn't use Cheat Engine, they instead use timescale or fixedtime to slow down demo playback.
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

Postby TittenIgnition » Dec 10th, '12, 8:28 pm

Crysis Warhead wrote:
RetroHelix wrote:GG anyone. I really enjoyed watching the demos of the top 5 and last ones :D

Validators doesn't use Cheat Engine, they instead use timescale or fixedtime to slow down demo playback.

Just like all those people who caught hackers by using timescale 0.1 in Quake Live :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby /cdtu/xas » Dec 11th, '12, 6:14 am

TittenIgnition wrote:
Crysis Warhead wrote:

Just like all those people who caught hackers by using timescale 0.1 in Quake Live :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i remember w3sp "admitted cheating by timescaling online" :roll:
/cdtu/xas

List of invalid demos from DFWC2012-3 to prior

Postby 琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊 » Dec 11th, '12, 3:02 pm

DFWC2012-3 10:864 CPM by Arcaon - Reason: Slope overbounce

DFWC2012-3 21:024 VQ3 by MoD-Sbone - Reason: No anti-cheat library installed
琠灹㵥琢硥⽴慪慶捳楲瑰㸢㰊
war this cryhead

PreviousNext