Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

DFWC

Re: DFWC

Postby khetti » Nov 19th, '12, 8:29 am

Or we can ban every remaining not-immediately-obvious route and technique, if they "take too long" or "are annoying," "for our own good."

Because defrag is about respawn spamming and blind kinetic repetition, not thinking, not planning.
Thanks for taking care of us, we might not say it often enough, but we all need every conceivable admin intervention, we just aren't capable of playing the game for what it is, it isn't safe!
khetti

Postby BerserK » Nov 19th, '12, 9:38 am

HK, that is a mapper fail basically, when they can't prevent people to avoid start timer triggering. However I don't like it, but it's up to player to find the best way.

We all know what random ob is. What you should do in the next DFWC is make a clear definition about the ob from slope rule. For now it is forbidden.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby Arcaon » Nov 19th, '12, 10:37 am

<hk> wrote:Now to the from slope to ground HOB. It is not random. HOWEVER it takes a lot of time to position your self until you can do that bounce. Even though you can do it 10 out of 10 tries it's just annoying to set your self up ever single run. Hence the ban. Appreciate it.

So, I've expressed clearly that I'm okay with my 12:072 being used, and I did ask for the 10:864 to be deleted (as I assumed that it would eventually be anyway).

Nevertheless, if one finds that you get an overbounce from the height of 845.7-846.0 units, it takes max 5 seconds to position yourself, which was my case. Marginally more effort than a mere flat ground jump, and a drop in the ocean compared to the tedium of the prerun.
Arcaon

Postby [gt]glm » Nov 19th, '12, 4:19 pm

<hk> wrote:Now to the from slope to ground HOB. It is not random. HOWEVER it takes a lot of time to position your self until you can do that bounce. Even though you can do it 10 out of 10 tries it's just annoying to set your self up ever single run. Hence the ban. Appreciate it.

In the next DFWC I would reccomend a rule that the start timer must be triggered within 2-5 seconds after spawn. That's enough time for a few prejumps.

Slope overbounces (random or not) are banned.

This is bullshit. And here is my opinion if you would like to know why.
First of all its not random (and who so clever wrote this in comment to suspicious demos? please delete this shame as soon as it possible).
Second - this is trick and trick not so hard as you describe it (speacially in compare with such huge timer turning movement). Sure nups would spend alot of time in trying to find J ob, but top players know how to use stats ;)
Third, if you dont want force players do some you have to force mappers to not do such tricks, all simple.
I dont like this tendency, if you dont like something you just like "ok lets forbid this in rules" in same place with such sentences like "External cheating". Even timeresets is a mappers fail and initially it wasnt intend to be in rules.
Also I dont like tendency to make defrag is simpler and simper. Whats next? Lets forbid 3xRJ becouse its too hard and random for new players. Or we cant forbid any other trick wich people dont like, not becouse its random just its too annoying. Or we can remake physic and remove velocity snapping, would be much simpler. Defrag its the mode for trickjumping ffs! With such rules you kill intellect component of the game, confrontation between players and mappers. You force players to make not fastest times for human possibles on concrete map.
In final we would get some game with not so artful physic as it was... just like warsow (or wny other modern game).

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU
[gt]glm

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 19th, '12, 4:46 pm

not only from-slope obs can be done regularly, there are also to-slope obs regular, like one in gdfcomp018.

there are also 'hidden but actual' random obs as you jump on slope but the velocity stays unchanged, because the falling speed matches one of the ob speeds, by pressing jump beforehand the initial ob is skipped - but it's same as those done on a horizontal surface. it is random, it does have difference with normal slope jumps, and if there's a map with a designed ob and a slope upwards for vq3, there will be random ob thing like this >90% of the time.

so banning all slope obs also means banning obviously faster routes, wasting more than 90% of our play time.
/cdtu/xas

Postby BGfrOzDD » Nov 19th, '12, 11:05 pm

mmmm, just a little question about points in each rounds in the dfwc homepage. Why all the points isn't showed in round3 atm? there is ppl(people) in to10 without points, is it a bug or just a little laziness? :P
BGfrOzDD

Postby Timothy » Nov 19th, '12, 11:07 pm

Not all demos are validated yet.
Timothy

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 22nd, '12, 4:28 pm

usf wrote:Not all demos are validated yet.

thought until now, and i'm wrong.
/cdtu/xas

Postby like@boss » Nov 23rd, '12, 2:18 am

In the next DFWC I would reccomend a rule that the start timer must be triggered within 2-5 seconds after spawn. That's enough time for a few prejumps.

I don't like this.
like@boss

Postby TittenIgnition » Nov 23rd, '12, 2:27 am

like@boss wrote:

I don't like this.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

PreviousNext