Board index DeFRaG Mapping

New entities

Maps and the process of creating them

Re: New entities

Postby Phoenix » Jun 9th, '10, 12:35 pm

amt-morbus wrote:Phoenix, you could try to do a workaround with the exising trigg_push_velocity. Apply a negative speed for the desired directions.

This would not be the same as what I have in mind.
Phoenix

Postby |PsY|blumen » Jun 9th, '10, 1:31 pm

if you dig into surfaceparams, think about no overbounce param :)
|PsY|blumen
sparkle bunny

Postby <hk> » Jun 9th, '10, 1:46 pm

Ellie Goulding wrote:if you dig into surfaceparams, think about no overbounce param :)

Yeah, i am sick of building micro slopes. There already is that no obs var. So implementing this should be rather simple.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Anyone_Under_This_Rank_Is_n00b » Jun 9th, '10, 2:08 pm

<hk> wrote:There already is that no obs var. So implementing this should be rather simple.
Enlighten everyone then. Do you know how, where and why OBs happen in first place?
Anyone_Under_This_Rank_Is_n00b

Postby BeRsErKeR » Jun 9th, '10, 9:43 pm

Another update. Clientside doors and buttons now work as expected. The video has a bad format for youtube but it was easier for me to handle both quake windows on one desktop with this arrangement. Maybe you should switch to larger video size.

As you can hopefully see the missiles and bullets won't be blocked anymore. Also the triggering and touching now works as for normal func_doors. So I think I'm done with those entities. But I didn't tested shootable doors and buttons yet. Should work either I guess.

Now I'm going to implement a multimanager.

Messed up my PC today so I lost many time. But I didn't lost the code. :D
BeRsErKeR

Postby amt-morbus » Jun 9th, '10, 9:53 pm

wohooo!!! :clap:
amt-morbus

Postby |PsY|Shio » Jun 10th, '10, 12:36 am

nice one ....
|PsY|Shio

Postby Phoenix » Jun 11th, '10, 1:50 pm

This is probably a silly question but it's not possible to get push_velocity and other defrag entities working in unmodded q3 by adding the defrag.def into the pk3 file or anything is it? That stuff's all handled in the coding for the mod right and the defrag.def is just a file to define how it works to radiant?

Just curious because I wanted to use it for a ctf map but realize now that it wont be possible unless i find a way to make it work.
Phoenix

Postby BeRsErKeR » Jun 11th, '10, 2:10 pm

Right, the defrag.def is just a file to inform radiant about the entities and it's keys/values and spawnflags. The mod (basically the game part of the mod) will parse entities by their class names and all set keys/values and spawnflags. Radiant only save those settings as strings (except for misc_models).

The code for the entities is embedded in the game-code. For defrag this is part of a VM (virtual machine) which is located in a pk3-file. The code for this is not accessible. Only cgg can change and read it. For that reason I can't add entities directly to the defrag mod. I only can add it to my own test-mod and only cgg is able to add my entity code to the real defrag VM.

Therefore it will be hard to code the entites for MP start and stop timers as I don't know how the defrag timers are realized. I never saw the code and cgg won't grant me access to it I think.
BeRsErKeR

Postby amt-morbus » Jun 11th, '10, 6:20 pm

maybe he can just provide the relevant parts of the code
amt-morbus

PreviousNext