Board index mDd Board Complaints and Suggestions

Timescale reported

Did you find a Bug or have an Idea? This is the place to go to.

Timescale reported

Postby *pV.HERO » Mar 23rd, '11, 8:46 am

Hi everyone!

There is this one website for viewing defrag and warsow race demos, streams and download.

But anyways thats not my thing. There is two guys who has posted demos and when you start viewing the stream you might notice that there is upper part of the screen reading "timescale reported" and when I said these are timescaled runs after I said this they said back following things: I seriously doubt strange would timescale, like he doesnt need to
2011/03/20 by rlx|reliqz - The runs arn't timescaled. I think what's causing it is the periodical lag i get when i respawn. Otherwise all my demos would have the message. If someone knows how to fix it then please tell me.
2011/03/17 by Strangelove
<- in here I dont think it gives false reports while you are playing but enlight me HK or any other who has worked or played long time on defrag and has wide knowledge about game's system and hows it working. Here's the demos http://1337demos.com/demos/2136 - http://1337demos.com/demos/2135 this isnt all theres other timescaled videos from other people too.
*pV.HERO

Re: Timescale reported

Postby rlx|mini » Mar 23rd, '11, 9:47 am

i doubt its timescaled. i have hundreds of onlinedemos with same message. seems kinda a bug in autorecord.
rlx|mini

Postby *pV.HERO » Mar 23rd, '11, 10:22 am

rlx|mini wrote:i doubt its timescaled. i have hundreds of onlinedemos with same message. seems kinda a bug in autorecord.

Hundreds? http://1337demos.com/players/361 and none of these arnt timescale reported. Like I said I want answer from not a "clan" mate but from those guys who really knows if its bug or not.
*pV.HERO

Postby <hk> » Mar 23rd, '11, 11:56 am

I don't know how the defrag timescale detection works. That we have to find out first.
When playing offline the server runs on the client computer. When the computer lags, the sever does too. That is like timescale. It could be that these demos are legit. Btw, the timescale warning should appear when you play the demo file too. I don't know too much about timescaling since this isn't relevant to online play, though. Can't help you there.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Arcaon » Mar 23rd, '11, 4:17 pm

The "timescale reported" text is the biggest false alarm in Defrag.
Arcaon

Postby TittenIgnition » Mar 23rd, '11, 8:29 pm

(: a wrote:The "timescale reported" text is the biggest false alarm in Defrag.

yup, if you lag at all offline then it will appear, no matter what. pretty lame.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Phoenix » Apr 26th, '11, 7:00 pm

Go offline and do alt + enter to enter windowed mode. It will appear and continue to appear until you load a new map in any demo recorded. Can also be caused by any number of other things like running iTunes in the background for example.
Phoenix

Postby <hk> » Apr 26th, '11, 8:01 pm

That's the player's fault, though. I can understand that demos might be rejected, due to that message.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7