Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2017

Can't upload demo because of g_syncrhonousClients

Can't upload demo because of g_syncrhonousClients

Postby D4rkFl4sh » Nov 9th, '17, 11:46 pm

Like the first thing i did was download the dfwc2017 rules, writeconfig autoexec.cfg. All the commands did saved except for g_syncrhonousClients, what can i do in these cases?
D4rkFl4sh

Re: Can't upload demo because of g_syncrhonousClients

Postby D4rkFl4sh » Nov 10th, '17, 5:56 pm

thx 4 the replies
D4rkFl4sh

Postby D4rkFl4sh » Nov 10th, '17, 5:57 pm

asdf
D4rkFl4sh

Postby Mistes.AR » Nov 10th, '17, 6:09 pm

You must to be european to get a reply :D . I asked something too and i didn't get answers
Stepmania/Osu!mania player
Fightcade ID = yonito90
Mistes.AR

Postby D4rkFl4sh » Nov 10th, '17, 6:22 pm

Mistes.AR wrote:You must to be european to get a reply :D . I asked something too and i didn't get answers

U must be this colour to get an answer :D
D4rkFl4sh

Postby demon0r » Nov 10th, '17, 7:34 pm

I don't know what can you do, I can only tell you what I did (and it works)

Put all configs in defrag folder (so in my case demon.cfg and dfwc-rules.cfg), create autoexec.cfg in which you type something like this:

exec demon.cfg
exec dfwc-rules.cfg

So autoexec forces settings from demon.cfg to load and then overrides it with dfwc rules. I don't know what else to say, shit just can't go wrong! :P
demon0r

Postby DsC_Creep » Nov 10th, '17, 9:29 pm

I don't know what you expected people to say. There are rules, and it's your job to read them, and make sure you obey them. If you messed that up somehow, then you demo is not valid. What else is there to say? Get your config set up properly, and record a new demo. Otherwise I may have a demo where I accidentally left on timescale 0.1 and didn't notice - may I upload that one too? :roll:
DsC_Creep

Postby nLxajA » Nov 10th, '17, 9:42 pm

D4rkFl4sh wrote:Like the first thing i did was download the dfwc2017 rules, writeconfig autoexec.cfg. All the commands did saved except for g_syncrhonousClients, what can i do in these cases?

You use wrong defrag version - 1.91.23 instead 1.91.25.
You use wrong engine - must be only iodfwce.exe (there is also a client for Linux)
This is noted in rules:
Code: Select all
Rules
Players have to meet the following criteria to participate in the Defrag World Cup 2017. Also, the demos you submit have to be recorded while ANTICHEAT SOFTWARE was installed and active (How to install the ANTICHEAT SOFTWARE)

1. Client
The only allowed DeFRaG version is DeFRaG 1.91.25
There is a q3-config file (dfwc-rules.cfg) that you can download and use to setup the rules within the game engine.
The only allowed DeFRaG client is a special client program with embedded anti-cheating module. Read the FAQ section for download links and instructions.

Next steps:
I recommend you install Quake3 and defrag for DFWC2017 to individual folder and play dfwc maps only from this place. So you will get rid of the possible changes in settings (g_sync, pmove_fixed) that may arise if you play online and then go into offline.
Make sure that g_syncrhonousClients and pmove_fixed are not duplicate in your config with different values. You also can put right settings from dfwc config to the end of your config.

And please, delete the post with demo.
Clean Quake3 (1.32c) with installed defrag 1.91.25 & dfengine 1.08 + distributives windows/linux versions ioquake3, iodfengine, dfengine and defrag included ("xFiles" folder): cloud.mail.ru | yandex.disk.ru.
All defrag maps repack! <- very useful! Highly recommended!
nLxajA