Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

New Defrag Release

Are you really the best?

Re: Defrag 1.91.21

Postby Nzr0 » Jan 6th, '13, 1:24 pm

|PsY|Shio wrote:I dont think its a good idea to change the current voting behavior, most players have a reconnect bind anyway.

For instance,
if somebody votes while i play w3sp-pgultimate3 it's pretty likely that it will pass cause of AFK/specs.

Why shouldn't it pass if it's 3:1 even if there are 30 AFK's? It makes more sense for one player to have to change servers instead of 3.
Nzr0

Postby AL!EN » Jan 6th, '13, 4:24 pm

chg: votesystem
always ignore speconly
in 1V1 mode ignore specs except remove or kick votables
in 1V1 mode do not ignore specs for map, gameplay, match, mode or restart votables during non-warmup
in 1V1 mode make a decision by timer, if vote counts are not equal and more than two
in TEAM-based modes ignore specs while teams have players
do not ignore specs for referee votable, only spec can be elected referee
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby wubwub » Jan 6th, '13, 5:29 pm

Nzr0 wrote:
|PsY|Shio wrote:I dont think its a good idea to change the current voting behavior, most players have a reconnect bind anyway.

For instance,
if somebody votes while i play w3sp-pgultimate3 it's pretty likely that it will pass cause of AFK/specs.

Why shouldn't it pass if it's 3:1 even if there are 30 AFK's? It makes more sense for one player to have to change servers instead of 3.

Sure, but I think his point is if he's >1 hour into a run of a long map, it's just as irritating if you suddenly get three people coming on to vote some map they could just go to another server and do.

They're both valid points because obviously you don't want some kind of preferential treatment for the spec farmers like swe brigade and shio, but the new system would be just as open to foul play from people joining and forcing a map change in shio's proposed situation just to piss people off.

(note I have no idea how you could satisfy both parties, woo progress)
wubwub

Postby oranje » Jan 6th, '13, 7:17 pm

wubwub wrote:
Nzr0 wrote:

For instance,

Sure, but I think his point is if he's >1 hour into a run of a long map, it's just as irritating if you suddenly get three people coming on to vote some map they could just go to another server and do.

They're both valid points because obviously you don't want some kind of preferential treatment for the spec farmers like swe brigade and shio, but the new system would be just as open to foul play from people joining and forcing a map change in shio's proposed situation just to piss people off.

(note I have no idea how you could satisfy both parties, woo progress)

Didn't think about that. I guess it's a tradeoff between convenience and anti-abuse. Good thing I'm not a df developer and don't have to think hard about this stuff. Phew.
oranje

Postby wubwub » Jan 6th, '13, 7:38 pm

oranje wrote:Didn't think about that. I guess it's a tradeoff between convenience and anti-abuse. Good thing I'm not a df developer and don't have to think hard about this stuff. Phew.

obama aint got shit on marky
wubwub

Postby Nzr0 » Jan 6th, '13, 8:59 pm

I honestly don't see abuse as a problem in that I just don't see it happening. I mean with the old system you could abuse more easily than with what I am proposing but the only times I saw someone using the bug was when there were AFK's. Yes, it sucks when what you say happens but I don't see any reason why people who are not even spectating get a predetermined vote. To me AFK's defaulting to F2 is just as irrational as defaulting to F1. And in any case I don't think your example is a problem considering if there are 20 specs and half of them are AFK the other ones are still going to vote with shio. Also people who want to play a certain map don't really go into servers that are already populated. And if it happens so that after an hour 20 people are AFK and shio and three others are playing and they pass a vote 3:1 how and more importantly why should it be any different if there were just 4 players on the server? Don't tell me that shio relies on AFK's so people won't take over the server he's playing on!
Nzr0

Postby -O-marky » Jan 11th, '13, 5:30 am

I've since changed callvote'ing so that votes do not automatically fail when people don't vote and the vote doesn't hit the necessary ratio. When vote time ends, those that did not issue any vote will be removed from the overall tally and ratio will be calculated based only on those that issued either a vote yes or vote no.

Also bumped the spec speed to 800 u/s.
-O-marky

Postby Nzr0 » Jan 11th, '13, 12:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFWxPnLSjDA

When can we expect the update?
Nzr0

Postby santile » Jan 12th, '13, 1:00 am

- spec cam speed at 800 \o/
great improvements, hope to get it zoon :mrgreen:
santile

Postby -O-marky » Jan 12th, '13, 8:41 am

Nzr0 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFWxPnLSjDA

When can we expect the update?

I honestly don't know yet. I'm looking into a few other things first. That said, since the ammo thing was game breaking, I sent hk reverted qvm's so the MDD servers that use negative ammo counts will work again.

Apologies for that "bug fix".
-O-marky

PreviousNext