Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

New Defrag Release

Are you really the best?

Re: Defrag 1.91.21

Postby BeRsErKeR » Jan 12th, '13, 3:42 pm

Hello, just want to throw in that marky now should have my defrag code (new entities and so on) so the development in this direction may proceed.

Greetings
BeRsErKeR
BeRsErKeR

Postby Nzr0 » Jan 16th, '13, 6:57 pm

Marky, I have another suggestion/request. It would be pretty cool if you can have jump switch to the previous player when spectating. I doubt anyone really spectates in third person and that could be bound to another key. To add to that I think it's more intuitive if you cycle through the players depending on their times on the board rather than their client id or whatever it is right now.
Nzr0

Postby -O-marky » Jan 17th, '13, 7:55 am

Nzr0 wrote:Marky, I have another suggestion/request. It would be pretty cool if you can have jump switch to the previous player when spectating. I doubt anyone really spectates in third person and that could be bound to another key. To add to that I think it's more intuitive if you cycle through the players depending on their times on the board rather than their client id or whatever it is right now.

One step ahead of you on the spec prev thing. Currently have it set to whatever the user uses for walking. I like the idea of cycling players depending on time; I'll look into it.
-O-marky

Postby Nzr0 » Jan 17th, '13, 12:55 pm

Noooo, gotta be jump imo. More than half the df user base has jump on m2 and it makes sense to have both mouse buttons cycle. Change the 3rd person key to walk. It fits - noone uses either of those :).
Nzr0

Postby Le another black niger » Jan 17th, '13, 6:58 pm

There is another interesting way to spectate, if map got replayscript, like qsnrun and few others
df_demos_replaymode 1, +moveup to go to replay mode
It's not usable often, just telling.

Here is list of another quick/important bugs

-teamed items are broken (devmap dftest-items (defrag\zz-defrag_media_191.pk3\maps\dftest-items.bsp))
-holdable teleporter is broken (can't pick up)
-trigger hurt mp exploit (since it's cooldown is not unique for every player)
-no restarting of enableable trigger hurt state on /kill
-target_delay=>target_give kill exploit (activate before /kill, get a result after respawn)
-df_cl_alwaysdrawitems 1 doesn't work offline (sp mode)
-subdirs with '!' can't be read by demo browser (ex: defrag\demos\temp\!)
-setting g_gravity by worldspawn key is broken with defrag cvar monitoring system (in general alternative gravity is q3 feature)

and less important (imo!)

-no self ghosts playback while spectating (is pretty good for comparing routes)
-full vote description in console (like esally called a vote: promode 0, usefull in case you were afk and want to know failed vote, like some kewl map)
-some option to have autorecord in fc mode starting demo after respawn, but not near the flag (good, if you want to save prerun route in your demo)
-sensitivity in menus is not based on 'sensitivity' var, so it is way too high with big dpi ( i'm not sure if it's mod's part of code tho )
-no casting of target_print and smallprint info to spectators
-df_cl_alwaysdrawitems 1 doesn't show items, which gotta be respawned by another entity (like relay, trigger, button); shows fine after they were respawned once in game
-df_mp_nodrawradius takes effect on self mg bullets fx
-hook/rail color online is broken (setting everyone's to client's 0 one or smth)
-spectators can't pass through teleport, if it's based on trigger_multiple, having some additional targets connected (like target_starttimer on cityrocket)
-ghosts playback is ping dependent, would be nice to have ability to offset one, or even have autooffsetting by avg ping (how could it even happen to be ping dependent? using not predicted playerstate?; ability to offset is also useful to get ghost running a bit more forward or back)
-long map names issue: demos, .rec and ghost files have same capped name (cleancut-speed-mapin and cleancut-speed-mapin-2 as example)
-df_drawJumpmeters stats block has big text labels, wasting screen space; it's fine idea to expand bitmask with one value, disabling labels
-autorecord spreads warning, if respawn is located in strarttimer, even if demo is actually recording
-setting other players sound fx volume; basically the problem is about grenade launcher sounds, makes pain to time on small maps

im not sure if every mp thing is caused by df itself, because some ones might be caused by mdd 'features', like inability to have wished df_name coz of serverside nickname length limitation (occurs with any colored /name, icluding letters or digits)
Le another black niger

Postby Le another black niger » Jan 25th, '13, 10:15 am

There is issue with fragsfilter fix, some maps are broken.
Noted on escape2 one: not targeted ff there (means levelwide) without 'remover' or 'reset' flags opens the door.
FF cooldown seems to be pretty short, but still global.
So in .21 the door is just toggling forward and back quickly in the first fraction of motion.
It can be opened luckily with some lags and multiple players affecting.
Possible fix is having not global 1 second cooldown for not targeted ff.
Also current fix doesnt look complete, because ff operation time still can be delayed by other players.
One is acceptable on well planned maps.
Le another black niger

Postby |PsY|Shio » Jan 25th, '13, 12:48 pm

There's no issue with the ff fix, the levelwide one hasn`t been fixed in the first place.
If u want a working levelwide ff just make the trigger as big as your map.
Mappers should always use trigger_multiple > target_fragsfilter.

Le another black niger wrote:the current fix doesnt look complete, because ff operation time still can be delayed by other players.

Can u elaborate that?
Because when i tested with target_give and target_teleport it worked without any delays.
(3 players at the same time)

The only thing that comes to my mind would be doors, but that's not a ff problem.
Defrag online with doors = Fail (atleast until clientsided doors arrive)
|PsY|Shio

Postby Le another black niger » Jan 25th, '13, 1:23 pm

There has to be backward compatibility, fix should not brake existing maps.
If u want a working levelwide ff just make the trigger as big as your map.

Note, that operation time will be discrete in this case.
Thats why simulating levelwide trigger_multiple with wait 1 cant be possible way to support independent ff for example.

Delay issue is hypothetical and its about a few frames delay most likely.
ima build test map ok.
Le another black niger

Postby Le another black niger » Jan 25th, '13, 2:04 pm

All right, some tiny delays only
(might cost ability to finish here tho)

map and dumps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Le another black niger

Postby |PsY|Shio » Jan 25th, '13, 3:18 pm

Le another black niger wrote:There has to be backward compatibility, fix should not brake existing maps.

Ok i figured it out, the reason escape2 isnt working anymore is because even the levelwide ff has a cooldown of 0 - which means the door gets triggered each frame (stays blocked) . /
So to keep backwards compatibility
marky has to change the cooldown back to 1 only for non-targeted ff's.

About your test map, try it again without fragsfilter just trigger_multiple + endtimer.
|PsY|Shio

PreviousNext