Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

The More Challenge Thread

Are you really the best?

Re: The More Challenge Thread

Postby oranje » Jul 21st, '17, 3:26 am

arena 4 is great, so many routes. Too bad the vq3 ones are so frustrating :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oranje

Postby DF/// ifoo » Jul 21st, '17, 7:22 pm

oranje wrote:arena 4 is great, so many routes. Too bad the vq3 ones are so frustrating

Cool routes there .. compared to yours, my routes look pretty lame : D
DF/// ifoo

Postby DF/// ifoo » Jul 24th, '17, 10:59 pm

Time for some hangtime challenges!

Map: hangtime-df
Rules: No weapons/teleporters/jumppads allowed unless specified otherwise.

1-7.jpg

1-7: Land the trick while keeping +forward pressed the entire time. You need at least 320 ups when taking off (blue). PS: Probably the most annoying trick of all time.

Physics: VQ3 + CPM

1-7: Land the trick while touching the walls alternately 3 times, starting with the wall to the front (red). (So touch the red wall, go through the hole, touch green wall, thru hole, red wall)

Physics: CPM

2-7.jpg

2-7: Starting from the end of the trick (where 2-8 starts), get on top of the first beam at the start of the trick (red). Don't touch the ground at the start (blue), however you are allowed to touch the ground near the edge (green). One plasma cell allowed.

2-10.jpg

2-10: Land at the bottom of the holes in the wall (purple) and finish the trick.

2-10: Land the trick without using jump. One grenade allowed, however it must not touch the ground where you would normally jump off (green).

4-3: Land the trick, skipping the pad in the middle. One plasma cell + jumppads allowed.

4-4: Use only one movement key of your choice (+right/+forward/+left/+back) to finish the trick. While doing the trick, you are not allowed to use any of the other 3 movement keys.

4-7.jpg

4-7: Land the trick with only touching the ground area between start and end (green) three times, no further groundframes allowed on that specific floor (means no walking on the ground).

5-3: Land the trick while starting at the top of the sign displaying the level number.

Physics: VQ3

5-8: Land trick without speed.

5-9: Finish the trick while you are allowed to shoot the second red trigger button only AFTER you have landed on the platform that is moved up by the first red trigger button. Machine gun is allowed. (c) nookie

6-5.jpg

6-5: Touch the front wall (green) at the top floor, and get back to the bottom floor (blue) without touching the top floor or the slope (red) after touching the front wall (green). Plasma is allowed, speed isn't.

Physics: VQ3

6-9: Finish the trick while you are not allowed to touch the two blinking pillars. Plasma is allowed, so are jumppads.

6-10.jpg

6-10: Finish the trick without touching the platform before the end (red).

I know some of the challenges are not really intuitive, for some I'm not even sure if they are possible (e.g. 2-10).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DF/// ifoo

Postby h@des. » Jul 25th, '17, 9:22 pm

Here's one for you ifoo, that I tried for a while but couldn't get: hangtime2 trick 3-3, instead of bumping the wall-edge and landing on the lower platform, bypass the wall-edge and go straight to the platform on level with trick 3-4. Would be very delighted if someone can do this.

Disclaimer: probably requires intense pad skill
h@des.

Postby springy » Aug 2nd, '17, 5:19 pm

How do you guys record your demos for these tricks?
springy

Postby DF/// ifoo » Aug 2nd, '17, 8:15 pm

@springy: I basically just added a "record bla" to my savepos bind, so every time I restore my saved position, I start a new demo (with the same name all the time). Once I land the trick, I rename my bla demo to a proper name.

@hades: I've tried it for 2 hours now. While I've been pretty close to landing it, it's not very consistent ... the slope kind of kills it for me :x
DF/// ifoo

Postby springy » Aug 3rd, '17, 4:48 am

nice that helps a lot. now im equiped to record these.
Beat two of them, and got really close on the 5-3 sign one. I gotta try it more later on
springy

Postby oranje » Aug 6th, '17, 4:04 am

springy wrote:How do you guys record your demos for these tricks?

I exec a config that rebinds one of my savepos keys to record as well. I do this because I've accidentally pressed it during long runs before, destroying my demos.

bind alt "set saveposname pos3;vstr pos3;stoprecord;varjoin user_demoname <0> temp/ oj . $chsinfo(108) $chsinfo(109) . $mapname . $trick;varcommand record $user_demoname"

I just do /set trick whatever beforehand, and move/rename the good demo when I land it. Pros are: you'll never accidentally overwrite a trick you landed because the demo name includes the current time, up to the second; also you can see afterwards exactly how many tries it took you to land the trick. The con is that you'll have to delete all your mistake demos :p

edit: ifoo I changed the formatting of your challenge a bit for the archive thing in the first post, so it's easier to read. Hope you don't mind.
oranje

Postby TittenIgnition » Aug 6th, '17, 4:36 pm

I just change "3" from "vstr pos1;set saveposname pos1" to "vstr pos1;stoprecord;record <demoname>". Works well enough, lol.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby h@des. » Jan 27th, '20, 7:34 am

solves ra3map3 challenge
h@des.

PreviousNext