Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

DF Aided Runs

Are you really the best?

Re: DF Aided Runs

Postby |DA|0AnNhiLaTioN » Oct 5th, '13, 10:45 pm

ye
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
|DA|0AnNhiLaTioN

Postby p » Jul 30th, '14, 5:21 am

pea_xpanicx 2:11.608 vq3.
Pitch was manually adjusted to make it easier to tell what's going on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
p

Postby Carlos » Jul 30th, '14, 10:24 am

Hello p!

Nice one!
Carlos

Postby <hk> » Jul 30th, '14, 10:32 pm

Very nice run.
Pitty the demo is so laggy.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby p » Aug 6th, '14, 11:54 am

cruton2 27.456 cpm
This can be beaten easily but the route is forever winning.
p

Postby bla » Aug 6th, '14, 11:59 am

nice. im wondering tho. did you change the model to sarge and taunt'd during the run? :P
bla

Postby Takyon » Oct 9th, '14, 7:01 pm

Is there any way to compensate for framedrops while running scripts? I tend to get varying results each time I run it, which i'm guessing is because of dropped frames. fixedtime 8 is the closest cvar I've found to what i'm looking for, but it doesen't work for some reason. The cvar host_framerate 0.001 (for 1ms frame length) in quake 1 / half-life does exactly this.

I would also be grateful if someone could send me a modified client with optimal strafing and autojump for use with botted runs. I've only used the default game game cmds/cvars thus far, +forward;+moveright;+right;cl_yawspeed x;wait y; ... etc.
Takyon

Postby iT.aB1s » Oct 10th, '14, 2:03 pm

Wow guys! My respect. I am really blown away from this creativity in this thread! It's so interesting to see what can be achieved with botting/scripting to get the maximum on a map! I love this thread! Keep on the good work.

P.S.: The spacerun demo completly blew my mind offffffff!!! Just amazing!! :clap: :clap:
iT.aB1s

Postby dqopb » Oct 19th, '14, 8:17 pm

Takyon wrote:Is there any way to compensate for framedrops while running scripts? I tend to get varying results each time I run it, which i'm guessing is because of dropped frames. fixedtime 8 is the closest cvar I've found to what i'm looking for, but it doesen't work for some reason. The cvar host_framerate 0.001 (for 1ms frame length) in quake 1 / half-life does exactly this.

I would also be grateful if someone could send me a modified client with optimal strafing and autojump for use with botted runs. I've only used the default game game cmds/cvars thus far, +forward;+moveright;+right;cl_yawspeed x;wait y; ... etc.

fixedtime 8 is exactly what should help. Offline of course, and in devmap mode. It won't help online though. If your attempts are not identical with fixedtime 8, try to refine your script... A bot engine may have calculation error from time to time, but q3 itself, running a script with fixedtime 8, should execute the commands accurately. And you don't even have a bot. Try to not use lengthy wait values. I noticed that scripts with actions like "wait 250" fail more often that those with "wait 20". And replay scripts with "wait 2" only are 100% accurate on my engine. But then you can hit the pitch/yaw turn speed inaccuracy. Default q3 doesn't have a simple and accurate way to set pitch/yaw instantly.

A modified client with optimal strafing and autojump is usually referred as a strafebot. Although there are some strafebots spread among the community, sharing them is not a common practice. q3df team puts efforts to constraint strafebot abuse on the servers (and setting a strafebot record when logged in leads to ban, as far as I know).
I would encourage you to write an own bot though, if you can program or want to learn to. I could answer your questions, and would be glad to see a new bot scripter around.
I noticed that everyone who wrote an own bot (those who I know) had slightly different approaches, and everyone brought his own little innovations. And they usually were more productive in scripts than those who just obtained someone else's bot.
Sharing ideas, not the binaries, works for the common good.

I'm curious what you achieved with the default q3 commands! Do you mind to upload some demos?

P.S. Sorry for that much philosophy in 1 post.
dqopb

Postby Takyon » Oct 21st, '14, 9:02 pm

dqopb wrote:
Takyon wrote:Is there any way to compensate for framedrops while running scripts? I tend to get varying results each time I run it, which i'm guessing is because of dropped frames. fixedtime 8 is the closest cvar I've found to what i'm looking for, but it doesen't work for some reason. The cvar host_framerate 0.001 (for 1ms frame length) in quake 1 / half-life does exactly this.

fixedtime 8 is exactly what should help. Offline of course, and in devmap mode. It won't help online though. If your attempts are not identical with fixedtime 8, try to refine your script... A bot engine may have calculation error from time to time, but q3 itself, running a script with fixedtime 8, should execute the commands accurately. And you don't even have a bot. Try to not use lengthy wait values. I noticed that scripts with actions like "wait 250" fail more often that those with "wait 20". And replay scripts with "wait 2" only are 100% accurate on my engine. But then you can hit the pitch/yaw turn speed inaccuracy. Default q3 doesn't have a simple and accurate way to set pitch/yaw instantly.

A modified client with optimal strafing and autojump is usually referred as a strafebot. Although there are some strafebots spread among the community, sharing them is not a common practice. q3df team puts efforts to constraint strafebot abuse on the servers (and setting a strafebot record when logged in leads to ban, as far as I know).
I would encourage you to write an own bot though, if you can program or want to learn to. I could answer your questions, and would be glad to see a new bot scripter around.
I noticed that everyone who wrote an own bot (those who I know) had slightly different approaches, and everyone brought his own little innovations. And they usually were more productive in scripts than those who just obtained someone else's bot.
Sharing ideas, not the binaries, works for the common good.

I'm curious what you achieved with the default q3 commands! Do you mind to upload some demos?

P.S. Sorry for that much philosophy in 1 post.

Thank you for a thorough answer. I haven't yet completed a run because of the inconsistency I've been getting. I've been experimenting the most on "assfag-hook" since I feel that this map can be scripted without to much of a hastle w/o a strafebot.

I still get varying results after loading a map in dev mode and using fixedtime 8, is there some other cvars i should alter in order for this to work? I did use quiet large wait values however so this might be what causes the inconsistency (the inconsistency consists of only 2 different outcomes that differs 4 ups a couple of seconds into the run).

Wouldn't it be possible to make a table of waits with "wait 1" as root to get around this problem? Like:

alias "w" "wait 1"
alias "w2" "w;w"
alias "w3" "w2;w"
alias "w4" "w3;w"
alias "w5" "w4;w"
alias "w6" "w5;w"
alias "w7" "w6;w"
alias "w8" "w7;w"
alias "w9" "w8;w"
alias "w10" "w9;w"
...etc.
Takyon