Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2017

DFWC 2017 - Maps

Which one is your favorite map? (Vote up to 3)

Round 1 by ImOor
7%
Round 2 by NaturalSpringWater
4%
Round 3 by kairos & zapadlo
13%
Round 4 by Nik
17%
Round 5 by Kabcorp
26%
Round 6 by Noodles
27%
Round 7 by Zapadlo
6%

Total votes : 102

Re: DFWC 2017 - Maps

Postby sjuk » Dec 20th, '17, 6:45 pm

xas,
Are there any more members of Chinese Defrag Trickjumping Union alive these days? Cuz if you feel lonely, atleast I can share your tag..
Being a native singapoorian, I feel a lack of Quake serie games community here, in our malayaAsian region. Even australians can find a friend to talk at q3df servers. Poor xTc/RaneFire haven't got any folk in Defrag living in South Africa. And now, where is he? He's gone. GONE! :cry:

bibi,
you are not supposed to play that devilish computer machine in the "catholician mecca". Especially during Christmas!

BerserK wrote:sending bunny-burning's style demos

aka "sending bebeveka from cz's style demos",
aka "sending kurwon0r's style of demos when a map has no weapons"
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby demon0r » Dec 20th, '17, 6:56 pm

sjuk wrote:aka "sending kurwon0r's style of demos when a map has no weapons"

I hope that you at least enjoyed my challenge run from round 6 ;)
demon0r

Postby BerserK » Dec 20th, '17, 11:30 pm

sjuk wrote:aka "sending bebeveka from cz's style demos"

But.. but bbv was really trying! Wasn't his fault he was mediocre. We just kept it from him. Ze babovka? :D
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby /cdtu/xas » Dec 21st, '17, 9:14 am

sjuk wrote:xas,
Are there any more members of Chinese Defrag Trickjumping Union alive these days? Cuz if you feel lonely, atleast I can share your tag..
Being a native singapoorian, I feel a lack of Quake serie games community here, in our malayaAsian region. Even australians can find a friend to talk at q3df servers. Poor xTc/RaneFire haven't got any folk in Defrag living in South Africa. And now, where is he? He's gone. GONE! :cry:

old cdtu members either go inactive or stick to quakelive but stop playing defrag/trickjumps. lack of passion for grinds is the most important cause according to them. there is new blood though(2 vq3 participants with .china), but it would take quite a while for them to catch up without an active community, if they can actually make that far. i wanted to make a tutorial for defrag stuff in chinese but there are too many of them and i ended up doing nothing.
i actually went inactive too from late 2015 to early 2017, made some recovery runs around april and stopped playing again until dfwc happens. the reason i'm not fully giving it up might be i'm a speedrunning enthusiast.
my passion for grinding does pass out however. i still remember the days i was grinding on all maps in dfwc2012 and 2014 with a crappy laptop and now i have much better hardware and can break my PBs within hours which i struggled for a week back then, but i just don't want to put so much effort in. i stop playing as soon as i get bored as you can see from some of my demos, except those with the gameplay i like. also sorry for criticizing map 7 too early, it turns out masterpiece for both physics. too bad i don't have time to play vq3 any more, and i doubt if there's anyone able to make satisfying results for both physics in time.
as is to say, i'm playing defrag for my own pleasure. its gameplay(mainly weapon combos) is so unique that i can't find anything alternative. i may go inactive when there's no big events(because maps are mostly boring then), but i probably won't totally give it up until the global community dies.
/cdtu/xas

Postby sjuk » Dec 21st, '17, 7:26 pm

I just reminded another chinese player nicknamed "1981", who strangely named a clan of the BalticSea players - QiangShi :idea:
One of it's members (robkee) now finds his PASSION in making parodies on n00k1e movies, and also in QL bloopers.

Also, xas, if you find most of last few hundreds maps uploaded to worlds'spawn "boring boxes with ramps", i'd suggest to check maps made by MaTeL1S, the lithuanian wackyman! And also interloper - the czech loonyman!
And, of course, only admin of polish trickjumping center ^M^ can understand what a big loss that sickman Pea_IMPOSTOR is not with us anymore..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bWvcomwpb8
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby /cdtu/xas » Dec 22nd, '17, 5:05 am

sjuk wrote:I just reminded another chinese player nicknamed "1981", who strangely named a clan of the BalticSea players - QiangShi :idea:

i started defrag in late 2006 and he quit in like 2005 leaving no contact info so i didn't talk to him even once. he's a freestyle player though, i always admire fs players as they can work out very specific setups in open areas, seems impossible to me. i can't think of anything without highlighted terrains and given destination, that's why i was so lost in map 7 vq3 at first.
/cdtu/xas

Postby BerserK » Dec 22nd, '17, 7:30 pm

"to feel defrag" - maybe 6th map. I said crap to kabcorp's map but this... this... I take them back.
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

DFWC 2017 Survey

Postby nLxajA » Dec 25th, '17, 11:42 am

DFWC 2017 Survey
We would like you to answer several questions about this DFWC.

Please follow this link to answer them. It will take you several minutes. We will analyze your answers to try to make a better DFWC next time. We will publish some results after several days, to make sure everyone has the time to answer the questions.

You will need your personal token to paste at the beginning of this survey. You can find your personal token in your profile page. This token is used to ensure every player votes only once, so please don't share your token with others.

Thanks for your answers, and thanks for participation!
Clean Quake3 (1.32c) with installed defrag 1.91.25 & dfengine 1.08 + distributives windows/linux versions ioquake3, iodfengine, dfengine and defrag included ("xFiles" folder): cloud.mail.ru | yandex.disk.ru.
All defrag maps repack! <- very useful! Highly recommended!
nLxajA

Postby demon0r » Dec 25th, '17, 1:11 pm

@xaja - done :) Thanks for organizing the event and good luck with future editions :)
demon0r

Postby Mistes.AR » Dec 25th, '17, 4:49 pm

Done. Even if i didn't played since November (Exams) and i lost interest on last weeks. Even if the new engine caused some minor problems. Even if i didn't liked some maps... I want to thank the DFWC Team for keep the competition alive. As i answered in the document, first map should be always a strafe map (Just compare how much VQ3 players sended demos with DFWC2014 Round 1)
Stepmania/Osu!mania player
Fightcade ID = yonito90
Mistes.AR

PreviousNext