Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

DFWC 2012 - Maps

Re: DFWC 2012 - Maps

Postby Arcaon » Dec 9th, '12, 9:15 pm

demon0r wrote:What did I tell about last map? That it's good and deserve 5/5? Well, I change my mind. It gets 0/5 for russian school of mapping (intentionally fucked up triggers).

[16:54] <Arcaon> And as always, I found an exploit that I'm too lazy to use
[16:54] <Arcaon> THERE
[...]
[16:55] <lIthz> lol
[16:56] <lIthz> saves alot or what?
[16:56] <Arcaon> Meh
[16:56] <Arcaon> )
[16:56] <Arcaon> We'll see
[16:57] <wubwub> implying mother russia hasn't already found and perfected it

But yeah, let's make DFWC 2013 good instead.
Arcaon

Postby esc?nebuLa » Dec 10th, '12, 5:56 am

I think that trigger skip is cheap as well, however, the rest of the map was very nice. The only complaint I have is the grenade bounce hole near end is wider than the above section, so it makes it easier to bonk your head if you're not careful. (I wasted about 4 hours the final day trying to improve my time with gaz boosts and kept getting screwed by that part.) It's a pity that this final map had to have an (intentional?) exploit. Anyway, ggs.

P.S. - Arca, very nice demo on #6! 8-)
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby /cdtu/xas » Dec 10th, '12, 6:16 am

there should be instructions for such exploits in maps or it's lame :(
anyway it's still a designed alternative as the weapons are kept but bs is nowhere. better have two teleporters leading to different ways with clear instructions.
/cdtu/xas

Postby BGfrOzDD » Dec 10th, '12, 2:31 pm

ohman what the hell again.... who does unsymmetrical map like that?? thats just ridicilous:D arcaon won in my eyes so bad even with demo that got so nice mistakes :DD nice one !
BGfrOzDD

Postby dqopb » Dec 11th, '12, 7:12 am

I expected at least one map that'd be mostly vertical (e.g. dfwc2008-2).
And there was only one-two useful obs in this dfwc, on the last map (low vob in the last room of dfwc2012-1 doesn't count).
In all the other rounds players would better switch df_ob_killobs off, to avoid random obs.

But if we look at records on normal maps (non-dfwc), the key is often an ob. Either random or stable, either obvious or tricky/hidden.
dqopb

Postby wubwub » Dec 11th, '12, 5:14 pm

dqopb wrote:I expected at least one map that'd be mostly vertical (e.g. dfwc2008-2).
And there was only one-two useful obs in this dfwc, on the last map (low vob in the last room of dfwc2012-1 doesn't count).
In all the other rounds players would better switch df_ob_killobs off, to avoid random obs.

But if we look at records on normal maps (non-dfwc), the key is often an ob. Either random or stable, either obvious or tricky/hidden.

I think the lack of intended ob's and the new alien brand xtra-strength OB-detector (patent pending) sort of surreptitiously came together to let people use killobs without fear.

It's a conspiracy y'all
wubwub

Postby esc?nebuLa » Dec 17th, '12, 11:24 am

Is there a chance that we'll get to see the maps that weren't a part of dfwc2012?

Maps from Bliccer, Darkie, Elco?
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Previous