Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

Lessons Learned

Re: Lessons Learned

Postby <hk> » Dec 3rd, '12, 12:10 am

demon0r wrote:So ok, I don't know where to put this post, so let it be here.

First of all - thanks for this DFWC (I realise that it's not over yet, but for me it's over :P I don't have patience for last map). It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed being a part of it anyway ;) As I mentioned before somwhere - if next DFWC is going to happen, I will gladly take the shitty part in it as maps tester/demos validator, etc etc. I think, that if we'll fix flaws from this year's edition (like crappy communication between admins and players, problems with maps and anticheat, etc) than we will get the oportunnity to organise the greatest DFWC ever (provided that there will still be enough people playing this old damn game :D). I mean, there were lots of positive things about this one - like packed demos ready to watch immediately at the round end - fucking great! Some nice maps - present! Etc etc, but ye, with some more effort and experience from mistakes of this edition we can simply make it better.

I agree 100%
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Lessons Learned

Postby Arcaon » Dec 3rd, '12, 12:50 am

demon0r wrote:So ok, I don't know where to put this post, so let it be here.

First of all - thanks for this DFWC (I realise that it's not over yet, but for me it's over :P I don't have patience for last map). It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed being a part of it anyway ;) As I mentioned before somwhere - if next DFWC is going to happen, I will gladly take the shitty part in it as maps tester/demos validator, etc etc. I think, that if we'll fix flaws from this year's edition (like crappy communication between admins and players, problems with maps and anticheat, etc) than we will get the oportunnity to organise the greatest DFWC ever (provided that there will still be enough people playing this old damn game :D). I mean, there were lots of positive things about this one - like packed demos ready to watch immediately at the round end - fucking great! Some nice maps - present! Etc etc, but ye, with some more effort and experience from mistakes of this edition we can simply make it better. My english sux anus, but you get what I mean, right? ;)

GG people, it was a lot of fun ;)

You're a good man.

+1

Edit: Also, while the point system seems to function well (even though I'm 4th in these end times :(), I think there should be a bias towards latter maps. For example, a <round number> multiplier to keep the scoring more interesting throughout. A future DFWC might use a more sophisticated point system, but I still think it's an idea worth mentioning.
Arcaon

Previous