Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

Rules

Re: Rules

Postby <hk> » Oct 14th, '12, 1:49 pm

no.
Even thouh this is a single shot bounce, it has an abitrary height. of 75.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby /cdtu/xas » Oct 16th, '12, 6:51 pm

one question: "It is not allowed to bind any actions that alter the movement of a player to your mouse wheel. (no mwheeling)" i have this bind for years and i keep this bind without any usage, is this legit?

another problem about the site: i can't find anywhere to see what i've uploaded. is there a way to check it out?
/cdtu/xas

Postby v3rbalizah! » Oct 16th, '12, 9:34 pm

Question: Every round counts separately or you guys will add every single time to overall standings?

Don't know if i have to try hard every map or just slide through rounds.
v3rbalizah!

Postby esc?eThaD » Oct 16th, '12, 10:51 pm

Even though hk said that problem cannot be solved, i'd still like to know, what people think about public route/times sharing? Should it be forbidden and how to control that?
esc?eThaD

Postby /cdtu/xas » Oct 17th, '12, 7:20 am

esc?eThaD wrote:Even though hk said that problem cannot be solved, i'd still like to know, what people think about public route/times sharing? Should it be forbidden and how to control that?

it's impossible to forbid it. two members of a team will talk about it probably, a clan's inner channel will have a discussion, etc. i believe many players cannot perform so well on their own as they actually perform, but who cares. the top levels have the ability to find the route closed to best, and for all else it's really nice to watch them competing on the same stage and even play against them. dfwc is a carnival for all defragers, especially for those in remote areas like me.
/cdtu/xas

Postby BerserK » Oct 17th, '12, 8:47 am

/cdtu/xas wrote:dfwc is a carnival for all defragers...

AMEN.

:clap:
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby esc?eThaD » Oct 17th, '12, 5:47 pm

/cdtu/xas wrote:
esc?eThaD wrote:Even though hk said that problem cannot be solved, i'd still like to know, what people think about public route/times sharing? Should it be forbidden and how to control that?

two members of a team will talk about it probably, a clan's inner channel will have a discussion, etc.

This is sort of private sharing and you cant do shit with it. I'd even say that private sharing is what teams/clans are about. By public sharing i mean posting all routes/shortcuts/times player found here at forum or in common irc channels etc. This is making dfwc similar to online defrag, where one player thinks and 200 are just grinding because they know the route.
esc?eThaD

Postby SenT!neL » Oct 31st, '12, 7:39 pm

Are we allowed to use df_ob_killOBs 1? That can be useful on maps, where you don't need an OB and you get random OBs on places you can't avoid gaining speed from them.
SenT!neL

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 31st, '12, 8:28 pm

esc?eThaD wrote:
/cdtu/xas wrote:

two members of a team will talk about it probably, a clan's inner channel will have a discussion, etc.

This is sort of private sharing and you cant do shit with it. I'd even say that private sharing is what teams/clans are about. By public sharing i mean posting all routes/shortcuts/times player found here at forum or in common irc channels etc. This is making dfwc similar to online defrag, where one player thinks and 200 are just grinding because they know the route.

This defeats half the purpose of DFWC. For round 0 I didn't care, and read on a server that you could "go around the side" to avoid the hurt trigger, so I found that and then I did the run once and didn't care. For any other rounds, provided the maps are good, I personally will try my best to get no advice from anyone outside of my team partner. Because I am not a total jewbag.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby /cdtu/xas » Nov 1st, '12, 6:04 pm

esc?eThaD wrote:
/cdtu/xas wrote:

dfwc has rank and eliminating system so it's somewhat better anyway not to share routes too broad in case some random copiers kick me out, this is my concern :/ but if they are from someone out of the comp or some w3sp-like players, i don't know... this depends more on the players' personal manners i think.
i was always a victim of lame shortcuts so i'd prefer mappers check the maps more thoroughly before send in and set up various levels for designed shortcuts, the better, the harder. no use when it comes to top tiers though.
/cdtu/xas

PreviousNext