Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

Rules

Re: Rules

Postby spanx » Nov 5th, '12, 2:51 am

i just saw that almost all of the "invalid" demos were moved back up on the list but without numbers. does this mean we still have a chance? i hope so lol
spanx

Postby <hk> » Nov 5th, '12, 3:40 am

You always had a chance. Just because one validator flagged a problem in your demo doesn't mean you are out. The word "invalid" is not the best word for the state of these random OB demos. Thats why they have been moved back up. Many players got worked up about it.

When you have a random OB and don't gain from it it's OK. It's easy to miss a small random OB.
Your demos will pass in the next few days.

In past DFWCs demos were displayed several days later. Players didn't know if their demos passed until the release of the demos. It's no different here. Validating demos takes time.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby spanx » Nov 5th, '12, 5:33 am

awesome i didnt want to be grinding the next round for nothing lol
i just watched 97kg's demo and i saw the 5:00 ob and it was accidental and im sure he did not gain anything on it at all time wise was on a plasma fail-fall. hopefully he will get to pass also i guess he didnt realize there was a intentional ob right there and was trying to plasma up the whole way
spanx

Postby BerserK » Nov 23rd, '12, 4:28 pm

Here is my problem:
In my vq3 demo at the end (after the last climbing part - 2x rocket or rocket + nade ) I have random ob on that top platform. So when landing for doing a normal cj I get that ob but I didn't get over 320 ups there as regular forward arrow walking. Is that counting as rule violation? (After the first cj I still have that random ob but didn't use it in strafing)
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby TittenIgnition » Nov 23rd, '12, 4:40 pm

BerserK wrote:Here is my problem:
In my vq3 demo at the end (after the last climbing part - 2x rocket or rocket + nade ) I have random ob on that top platform. So when landing for doing a normal cj I get that ob but I didn't get over 320 ups there as regular forward arrow walking. Is that counting as rule violation? (After the first cj I still have that random ob but didn't use it in strafing)

You gain nothing from it so it doesn't matter.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby rlx|mini » Nov 24th, '12, 9:41 am

BerserK wrote:Here is my problem:

have exactly the same situation on the same place .. , should be with the devil when this is a dq :twisted:
rlx|mini

Previous