Date

Re: Date

Postby >Celtic< » Sep 29th, '11, 4:29 pm

no dfwc this year? when start?
>Celtic<

Postby sinthesis. » Oct 8th, '11, 10:20 am

still not enough maps.

To the mappers: I am 100% unexperienced with mapping, can I still do something simple to help out? I really don't know how hard mapping is. hk said that there are especially missing simple maps for the first rounds. Can someone completely unexperienced, like me, get into mapping rather quickly and create such a map? If it's realisitc, I will try. Gonna look for some tutorials...
sinthesis.

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 9th, '11, 1:40 pm

sinthesis. wrote:still not enough maps.

To the mappers: I am 100% unexperienced with mapping, can I still do something simple to help out? I really don't know how hard mapping is. hk said that there are especially missing simple maps for the first rounds. Can someone completely unexperienced, like me, get into mapping rather quickly and create such a map? If it's realisitc, I will try. Gonna look for some tutorials...

It's not that hard to come up with a good layout, so long as you're a relatively experienced defragger. The main problem is actually converting your idea into .map format, and then making it look good.

Go install GTKRadiant and see what you can do. If you can think of a layout that is worthy (at least in your mind) of the DFWC, then try to make it, and ask a good mapper for help making it look good, or just give it to them to make sexy (like what I did with the only map of mine that doesn't use the same texture over and over.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Lunar » Oct 28th, '11, 3:50 am

Did this ever happen? from what I read from this thread "No" would be the best answer.
Lunar

Postby <hk> » Oct 28th, '11, 8:21 am

I don't think anyone likes the idea of having the DFWC in December. The best choice would probably to get stuff right until March 2012.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby TittenIgnition » Oct 28th, '11, 8:54 am

<hk> wrote:I don't think anyone likes the idea of having the DFWC in December. The best choice would probably to get stuff right until March 2012.

Will probably be better than it could have been this year, because everyone will have a few more months to finish their maps, and possibly make even more : DDD

*COUGHGHOSTCOUGH*
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby RetroHelix » Oct 28th, '11, 10:26 am

You are right. The core of the df-community will still be there anyway and it gives more time to organize it all.
RetroHelix

Postby amt-morbus » Oct 28th, '11, 12:09 pm

Only want to throw in, that some promotion would help. Nobody knows whats going on, a date or anything related to it - at least thats my impression.

Instead of talking about it in a subforum, creating one banner or topic on the first page would remind ppl(people) about it every time they visit.

edit:
It's like with books: If ppl(people) look for a book (not a certain one ofc), the only thing they will pay attention to are the pictures.

you get the point...
amt-morbus

Postby esc?nebuLa » Oct 28th, '11, 2:25 pm

HK thinks this forum is bigger than it is apparently. Agreed with Morbus though.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamEventHorizon
#tricking_eh on irc.quakenet.org
esc?nebuLa

Postby <)Ghost(> » Oct 28th, '11, 5:20 pm

better for me i can add a ton more to my map.
<)Ghost(>

PreviousNext