Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2012

Volunteers

Re: Volunteers

Postby TittenIgnition » Jan 24th, '11, 11:01 pm

(: a wrote:
KittenIgnition wrote:
r3vlemb wrote:for example, use replay software to copy timescaled demo? is it poss?

why would you need replay software for that? it seems like replay software would be less detectable than modding the demos, but it would also be way harder. you could just make a really good run at timescale 0.1, then open the demo and change 0.1 > 1.0, and there would be no way to tell, aside from watching the demo and deducing for yourself.

You know that /timescale doesn't work unless you enable sv_cheats, right? D:

thanks for the info, i really didnt know that.

you can remove the sv_cheats setting (change it from 1 to 0) inside a demo. you can modify any server-side or game w/e setting inside a demo, from com_maxfps to sv_pure. even if it wasnt timescaled, replay stuff could be used, and with modified demos anything is undetectable afaik. what i want to know is whether or not there is actually a way to tell of the demo was modified, and what was modified, and what the original values were.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby <hk> » Jan 25th, '11, 12:50 am

There will be. Don't worry.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby >luci< » Jan 25th, '11, 2:47 am

$$-albion wrote:
(: a wrote:You know that /timescale doesn't work unless you enable sv_cheats, right? D:

Well, a pro-haxxer like you should know, right arca? :D :p

"every thiefer judged by self condition" XDDDDDDD (I dunno if I did translated well :p)
>luci<

Postby $$-albion » Jan 25th, '11, 12:04 pm

>Luci< wrote:
$$-albion wrote:
(: a wrote:You know that /timescale doesn't work unless you enable sv_cheats, right? D:

Well, a pro-haxxer like you should know, right arca? :D :p

"every thiefer judged by self condition" XDDDDDDD (I dunno if I did translated well :p)

Well, I didn't understand a word you said, so I'd say job well done ;D :p
$$-albion

Postby RetroHelix » Jan 25th, '11, 1:09 pm

I just want to point out that sentences closed with a questionmark are questions :shock: It would be nice if someone would answer these questions.
RetroHelix

Postby >luci< » Jan 25th, '11, 1:49 pm

$$-albion wrote:
>Luci< wrote:
$$-albion wrote:Well, a pro-haxxer like you should know, right arca? :D :p

Well, I didn't understand a word you said, so I'd say job well done ;D :p

ROFL´d , it worked so! :D
>luci<

Postby $$-albion » Jan 25th, '11, 2:29 pm

RetroHelix wrote:I just want to point out that sentences closed with a questionmark are questions :shock: It would be nice if someone would answer these questions.

Didn't DeaTh answer your questions already?
$$-albion

Postby <hk> » Jan 25th, '11, 2:35 pm

RetroHelix wrote:Could you write a bit more about the demovalidation pls? I don't think that anyone is able to validate a demo or am I wrong?

I would have, if we had decided on that, yet.

Yesterday we were discussing a way to screen people. We would prepare some demos and give them out to volunteers to analyse. Let's see who finds the evil demos. ;) But that's just an idea how validating might work.

I'd love to have some players, who have some understanding of how high level cheating like replay works. It's hard to say who is qualified. Those who claim to know everything never contributed to the community in any helpful way.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby <)Ghost(> » Feb 17th, '11, 9:18 pm

are there any confirmed mappers for this years dfwc?

i know every time every1 bitches about the length of time to finish a map and that its never enough, 3 months is plenty of time to finish a map. considering dfwc will be in may/june.
<)Ghost(>

Postby Arcaon » Feb 18th, '11, 2:28 am

Ghost would make 90 maps in 3 months!
Arcaon

PreviousNext