Board index mDd Board The q3df.org website

Callvote reset DB F1 or F2 ?

Everything related to the mDd website goes here.

Move mDd times into !oldtop and start a fresh database?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 99

Re: Callvote reset DB F1 or F2 ?

Postby aadad » May 11th, '10, 5:41 pm

ZyaX wrote:About 1), would each player be able to check any number of times he would choose? Or is it all or none? If it is for each individual time, then I like it.
You'd be able to select whatever times(demos) you want to share :)
aadad
accusing and complaining

Postby $$-albion » May 11th, '10, 8:24 pm

[2337]w wrote:
ZyaX wrote:About 1), would each player be able to check any number of times he would choose? Or is it all or none? If it is for each individual time, then I like it.
You'd be able to select whatever times(demos) you want to share :)

It indeed is an interesting idea wesp, but I do think hk mentioned something about the 'impossibilty" of your idea. It wasn't the fact he couldn't record every demo, the problem was he didn't have enough serverspace to save every best demo per map made by a person. That's why the demochecker(-script, I suppose) deletes the demos that are seen as valid demos. Still this is an idea worth supporting.
$$-albion

Postby 2laat? » May 12th, '10, 1:58 am

the majority has already F1'd, obviously.
so, when the reset actually happen? =)
2laat?

Postby $$-albion » May 12th, '10, 11:16 am

eL0schmerz wrote:the majority has already F1'd, obviously.

I don't think you can call 15-20 persons, 'the majority' :p
The voting system here, is the same as in quake :D aka you'll have to reconnect to get your reset :O
$$-albion

Postby ZyaX » May 12th, '10, 2:54 pm

$$-albion wrote:It indeed is an interesting idea wesp, but I do think hk mentioned something about the 'impossibilty" of your idea. It wasn't the fact he couldn't record every demo, the problem was he didn't have enough serverspace to save every best demo per map made by a person. That's why the demochecker(-script, I suppose) deletes the demos that are seen as valid demos. Still this is an idea worth supporting.

What? :P Today's terabyte disks are not enough for the awesome force of quake 3 demos? :D
Go and record in counter-strike and I might allow you to complain.

If storage space is really an issue which you want to solve hk. Then I think it would easily be solved in having people volunteer to have their computer or a server they own to be a backup or even a main storage server. So if you work on those encryption mechanics I think this obstacle could be easily overcome to allow for the above mentioned system. :)

eL0schmerz wrote:the majority has already F1'd, obviously.

Majority, hmm. Let's see how many of the total amount of users exist in the db came here to vote? I think we're up at around 3000 users. And sure, we'd have to eliminate how many of those actually have recorded some times, but that's not so many, so we're left with 2500 accounts maybe. And let's say another 500 would disappear from being created by the same person to be generous. Then you still have 2000 users left, and how many of them have voted? Not a majority at least.
It is also an issue that most people are not aware of this thread, and that they don't visit the news page often to see what's going on. Most of them just want to go about their day and play a nice game and leave the decision making to the core of people who are interested. And by all means, I doubt a lot of people would desire this outcome and especially the reasons for it.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby 2laat? » May 12th, '10, 9:46 pm

actually there isnt more than 1000 really active accounts now.
66% against 34% tendention is pretty significant. yes, the amount of ppl(people) who voted is only 60 atm, but whatever.

and since you consider yourself as a wise man, zyax, how don't you get that further playing under the same database(well, only with a few minor changes implemented maybe, as always) will only continue the entropia, which may actually cause a collapse, in future.

we'll always have enough time to discuss any consequences, things to improve, and so on. but for now the mDd database's great reset must be done. don't ask why. don't discuss. just.. BELIEF !
2laat?

Postby ZyaX » May 13th, '10, 8:22 am

eL0schmerz wrote:we'll always have enough time to discuss any consequences, things to improve, and so on. but for now the mDd database's great reset must be done. don't ask why. don't discuss. just.. BELIEF !

you just earned: troll status!
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby gnj » May 13th, '10, 10:24 pm

ive always found it nice to see the !oldtop records and how ppl(people) improved on them, would be sad if they were completely replaced. also cant see any sense in a reset when there are so many maps with no records/very few records.
gnj

Postby 2laat? » May 13th, '10, 11:16 pm

actually i was like 70-80% serious, zyax.
i do believe that defrag needs some major changes.
and the mdd reset seems like a catchy one, i like it. ofc if oldtop and oldtop2 records would be saved and can be checked anytime ingame, here at the site, and irc
2laat?

Postby 742617000027 » May 13th, '10, 11:20 pm

I'd go with what wesp said, sounds pretty web 2.0'ish.

PreviousNext