Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

All defrag maps repack

Users helping users.

Re: All defrag maps repack

Postby Le another black niger » Oct 22nd, '14, 9:00 am

Thanks for reporting!

wfa maps problem was discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=645

as for 'missing textures' list, i have no pointed issues with fresh q3 + different engines (q3, dfe, iodfe), aswell as with my gaming setup
it must be about your particular setup or engine
i don't know any good way to reproduce these issues except of obtaining your q3 :mrgreen:
at least error msgs and your pk3s listing could probably tell something

basically, if this repack works, as it should, there cant be any visual or audial problems, caused by missing stuff
the only possible problem - shaders, which dont look, as they should (i'v found a pair of those, while playing ctf)
Le another black niger

Postby Le another black niger » Oct 22nd, '14, 9:07 am

<)Ghost(> wrote:Shouldn't use tubs as it also repacks all shaders into 1 shader which causes problems.. I use winq3repack or just manually do it if repacking larger files

i dont know how repacking all shaders into 1 can cause problems, tell me, please, if you do
this trick, though, is tremendous speedup for engines like q3 or official dfe + maps, using big amount of different textures
and it is used in this repack!
Le another black niger

Postby ZyaX » Oct 22nd, '14, 3:51 pm

Le another black niger wrote:it must be about your particular setup or engine

You were correct. I went through my whole setup in order to report it here only to find out that I had omitted more pk3s from the mappack that I had intended. I had left zz-allfsmaps.pk3 out on purpose because I knew I wouldn't use any of them. However, I had misread the name of zz-alldfshaders.pk3 and thought it said fs and not df. I am surprised that so many maps worked without a problem without the shader pk3!
Putting the file in the defrag directory remedied all problems that I had had except for one. I still have missing textures on the boxes on the map hydronex.

I'll quickly mention my setup then. I use iodfengine for linux. I have pak0 to pak8 in baseq3, your mappack (excluding fsmaps) and modelpack and some of the newly released maps in defrag directory.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby Le another black niger » Oct 22nd, '14, 5:15 pm

info.nfo is informative:
Packs dont containt duplicate resources/shaders, so freestyle and ctf maps use some ones from defrag packs,
ctf maps also use some ones from fs pack.

:dance:
Le another black niger

Postby P3NT4! » Oct 22nd, '14, 6:41 pm

how i can download using wget on linux from gdrive?
P3NT4!

Postby <)Ghost(> » Oct 22nd, '14, 8:35 pm

Le another black niger wrote:
<)Ghost(> wrote:Shouldn't use tubs as it also repacks all shaders into 1 shader which causes problems.. I use winq3repack or just manually do it if repacking larger files

i dont know how repacking all shaders into 1 can cause problems, tell me, please, if you do
this trick, though, is tremendous speedup for engines like q3 or official dfe + maps, using big amount of different textures
and it is used in this repack!

well when u create new shaders you should technically rename them to yourmapname.shader...BUT if u dont do this, which is like 90percent of all df mappers, you'll have conflicting shaders

For example: you change a texture within the shader, but keep the same path, it'll break the shader to a missing texture or whatever.

its not really a players fault its more on the mapper, but new mappers dont know this, so they dont bother with it.
<)Ghost(>

Postby Le another black niger » Oct 23rd, '14, 12:36 am

P3NT4! wrote:how i can download using wget on linux from gdrive?

no idea, man, i can suggest to use torrent magnet link

<)Ghost(> wrote:...

thats alright, you are telling, even though 90 percent of df mappers cba to work with shaders :)
but whats the problem with repacking such shaders into one, and why winq3repack's or q3's way of handling them is better?
Le another black niger

Postby P3NT4! » Oct 23rd, '14, 12:47 am

I solve ;)

wget --no-check-certificate -c -O <NAME TO SAVE> https: //googledrive.com/host/<FILE_ID>

https://docs.google.com/file/d/<FILE_ID>/edit
P3NT4!

Postby ZyaX » Oct 23rd, '14, 8:24 am

Le another black niger wrote:info.nfo is informative:
Packs dont containt duplicate resources/shaders, so freestyle and ctf maps use some ones from defrag packs,
ctf maps also use some ones from fs pack.

:dance:

And that solves the last piece of the puzzle, boxes now have textures :) I didn't even bother to look in allfsmaps, I thought it was just .bsp files :P
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby Le another black niger » Aug 16th, '15, 6:59 pm

Update!
last 889 maps (df +a few ctf):
zz-alldfmaps3.pk3
zz-alldftex3.pk3
on webdrives

Used self written repacker this time, that really cares about including needed stuff (and only needed), strips out required shaders.
It packed all those maps in 3.5 minutes :mrgreen:
Still many things left to do after that, like finding actually missing resources (sometimes via contacting mappers, lol), fixing shaders syntax, converting resources to proper formats and decent size etc etc.
Le another black niger

PreviousNext