Board index DeFRaG Mapping

Custom radiant + noOb compiler

Maps and the process of creating them

Re: Custom radiant + noOb compiler

Postby Le another black niger » Jul 1st, '15, 11:48 am

sL1k wrote: As far I know admin only needed in case radiant folder is placed in windows/programs folder.

Afaik newer windows often redirect program drive calls to Roaming dir.
For example, ppl(people) can find recorded demos and autodled pk3s there :mrgreen:
Might be a problem. But the main one is most likely gtklib 2.16.6. Not sure whats the solution here... upgrading to higher 2x, downgrading to lower 2x, upgrading to 3.0, using radiant in VM on windows xp...
Anyway need 1st to find a way to constantly crash it on this local machine (no luck with it yet :lol: )

uh-oh buttons
buttons.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Le another black niger

Postby w-w » Jul 13th, '15, 9:32 am

Been using this for a few days, working nicely. I like the features and been able to bind a load of functions has made me want to stick with it over gtk 1.6.
But- I'm getting some random crashes and some binds temporarily freeze; twice shift+mmb and twice spacebar to clone. Have rebound almost all common functions.
Also been consistently crashing while trying to resize multiple brushes (nothing crazy just down the line resizing).
Runs smooth most of the time, but after crashing a lot I'm starting to notice little stutters every now and then like something is unstable and ready to crash.
Using win7 pro 64bit, *8gig of ram, clean install on ssd in own directory, running in xp sp3 compatability mode. Have rebound almost all common functions to sit around the enter key. Any advice or tips?
~
w-w

Postby Le another black niger » Jul 13th, '15, 10:31 am

Crashing isn't fun at all :cry:
I'd like to *try* to solve that, but the thing is that crashes aren't reproducible here (it's needed to debug)
Isn't crashing here on w7 pro 64bit even w/o xp or admin modes.

Prolly crash log could help, netradiant normally spreads window with erroneous point of code (but didn't on particular w7 install).
Or may be start > run > eventvwr can do the work (not sure, not crashing here :mrgreen: )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/av9aa9u50vijp ... ug.7z?dl=1
This is extradebug build, it's not crashing, but bringing a window with a reason and question, if to crash or not.
It hopefully will provide more info.
Le another black niger

Postby w-w » Jul 13th, '15, 1:28 pm

Turns out it was xp compatibility mode that was causing it to crash when dragging selection. Couldn't get it to crash once I turned this off.
..changed to compatibility mode to try fix the sticking keys/binds - but it was probably my autohotkey :doh:

- everything feels much much smoother now :D
w-w

Postby Le another black niger » Jul 13th, '15, 2:41 pm

hehe, gratz
good to know, that xp mode can be responsible for crash
Le another black niger

Postby Le another black niger » Jul 26th, '15, 5:26 am

oopdaite!

radiant:
filters toolbar (disableable)
fix: shift + m1 click in tex browser to open shader in internal/external editor; defaulted internal; focuses on wanted shader; correct opening/saving
fix: angles "0 x 0" autoconvert to angle "x" on transform (was getting deleted w/o a trace)

q3map2:
shot down spammy warning about samplesize for lmsize<=128; -debugSampleSize to show
numBspModels ('brusmodels') stat emitting

and so-called Working Map Packer(TM) feature :dance:
wants testing (didn't put safe guard ifs everywhere paranoidly + no idea about linux )
but it packed AMT-Freestyle6 and Dfruns-xajA flawlessly, and thats kinda impressive

-pk3: autopackager mode(complete q3 support); switches: -dbg - talkative mode, -png - include pngs, at highest priority
tip: ioq3, netradiant, compiler (and packager) treat *.pk3dir directories as separate pk3 files
'make .pk3' to radiant q3 build menu

(file on link is updated)
Le another black niger

Postby TittenIgnition » Jul 26th, '15, 6:36 pm

Since you're working with q3map2, have you learned how brushes are actually created? I want to make brushes that consist of only one face, like patches. Do you know how to do this? Clipmodel does this.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Le another black niger » Jul 29th, '15, 8:03 pm

That is not only about compiler, but the way engine handles provided data. I don't know all details of that process, but would like to tho.
*Brushes* are convex hulls by definition. They are defined by set of planes. No vertices at all :dance:
Gaming area is split into convex nodes aswell. So, when you are inside some node, engine just tests collision against planes, node references to.
Moer: http://q3.atdan.net/pub/radiant/unoffic ... ormat.html
Basic principle of binary space partition is working with convex stuff (=easy and quick calculations) and compiler cares a lot about things to be convex.
I played with postmangling of bsp planes, got zero width brush for example (and even -1 width one, lol). Having collision, but rockets leak through it.
Besides that got great list of weird behaviors, while experimenting, like ceiling, making 0ups, when touched, sticky surfs, floor, you can't stand on etc etc
Clipmodel does this.

Falsehood
Le another black niger

Postby TittenIgnition » Jul 30th, '15, 1:39 am

Maybe it is a falsehood, but that's what I've seen. When decompiling (and compiling, sometimes, I think) maps that have autoclipped models, there are a bunch of messages about brushes with one plane or something. What does clipmodel create, if not brushes with no thickness?
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Le another black niger » Jul 30th, '15, 6:40 am

I'v implemented autoclip debug mode. Feel free to check out
Le another black niger

PreviousNext