Board index DeFRaG Mapping

Beta Release

Maps and the process of creating them

Beta Release

Postby Phoenix » Aug 17th, '10, 1:44 am

http://q3a.ath.cx/?mapdetails=phoenix-dm17plusBETA

All info can be found in the readme file. Please send all feedback to phoenix.q3maps@gmail.com or post it here. Your input will be taken into account for the final version :)
Phoenix

Re: Beta Release

Postby AL!EN » Aug 18th, '10, 10:57 am

I have missing textures :evil:
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby Phoenix » Aug 18th, '10, 8:25 pm

Can you send a screenshot? I tested it in a fresh install of q3 so there should be none missing. The only ones not included are textures that should be in pak0.pk3.

Also in my haste to finally get the damn thing released I forgot to mention some early testing done by albion and ghost so thanks to them :)

Everyone else should be included in the readme file.
Phoenix

Postby <)Ghost(> » Aug 18th, '10, 8:37 pm

i never really gave any feedback so please no need to credit me.
<)Ghost(>

Postby $$-albion » Aug 18th, '10, 9:07 pm

Phoenix wrote:Can you send a screenshot? I tested it in a fresh install of q3 so there should be none missing. The only ones not included are textures that should be in pak0.pk3.

Also in my haste to finally get the damn thing released I forgot to mention some early testing done by albion and ghost so thanks to them :)

Everyone else should be included in the readme file.

^^ No problem ;D
$$-albion

Postby Phoenix » Aug 22nd, '10, 4:13 am

@ghost

np i just like to be thorough :lol:

@ALIEN

No reports from anyone else of missing textures. I've asked everyone i know and everything's working fine so it's something on your end.

Got the map up on GIN server for some testing 173.45.67.106. It's an unlagged ctf server.

Good news so far is that everyone is reporting 125 fps so the few cases that were below im just going to go ahead and say are prob due to bad computers and not (entirely) my map :) Still open to any feedback you guys have. I'm workin on a few short defrag challenge runs that i'll prob finish up before i go ahead and do the final version for this so there's not a huge rush. With any luck they'll be released in a week or two (all done just need to tweak em and make em look pretty)
Phoenix

Postby AL!EN » Aug 22nd, '10, 1:21 pm

I think that it was stupid bad shader that is included in some random shit map :ASD
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby Phoenix » Aug 22nd, '10, 5:38 pm

Ghost came in GIN last night and helped me find a few things actually ... seems I forgot to add the shader for one texture (it was part of a dif set and thus the only one not covered by the andromeda shader) however the base texture is included.

Because of this it does show in a fresh install of q3 it just isn't animated. Problem is if you have the actual shader in another pk3 then it will show as missing texture because I don't have the blend textures included for it :(
This will get fixed for the final release and is a problem on my end heh. :)

So with that said ... are you missing more than just the texture in the spot of the SG spawn (original dm17) / GL spawn (up top) ? That should be the only places it shows as missing.
Phoenix

Postby <hk> » Aug 22nd, '10, 5:42 pm

Did you know you can upload PK3 files here and don't have to release them on the worldspawn mapbase (http://q3a.ath.cx)?
You can even delete it here afterwards.
That way you don't have to upload unfinished maps to the archive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby 742617000027 » Aug 22nd, '10, 6:31 pm

Yeah, how about spawning a public server where maps in beta stage can be tested together? Like you upload them via a form on q3df.org and it gets ported to the server immediately. Then after testing a bit you can delete it again (otherwise it will get deleted 24 hours after the upload). I'd love to have the possibilty to test maps with other players without being forced to ask ppl(people) who can spawn servers themselves. You could transform one of the freestyle servers into a testing server, cause ppl(people) rarely play on them and could vote for the physics if needed.

Next