Board index DeFRaG Mapping

New Maps

Maps and the process of creating them

New Maps

Postby Phoenix » May 17th, '10, 4:20 am

This is going to be a general thread for new maps so I don't spam the board with all of my new releases :)

I'm currently working on a space dm/freestyle map which is going to be made into a smaller version as well as a ctf version. The original is quite large and a little on the ridiculous side for actual DM unless you could get 20+ people on it but it should have some good fs in it. The smaller versions will be more practical :)

Where I'm at now is I'm mostly done the large version and am trying to completely polish it up for a public beta release. I can get feedback from the beta of this map to finish all the other maps because the other versions will be the same just with platforms removed and then condensed.

I'm looking for a few people who would be interested in doing some pre-beta testing for me. The map is not completely polished atm and is not ready for public release so if I send it to you please do not release it or send to anyone else. Also I'm looking for people who have and are willing to spend a little bit of time to actually play the map and spend time testing stuff out on it and not just asking for it to glance at it for 5 min. Once I get a bit of feedback I will be ready to polish it up for an official beta release :)
Phoenix

Re: New Maps

Postby RetroHelix » May 17th, '10, 3:11 pm

Im able to waste some time with playing :D
RetroHelix

Postby <)Ghost(> » May 17th, '10, 5:42 pm

yeah i could as well. im not the best player but i could give u some tips.
<)Ghost(>

Postby $$-albion » May 17th, '10, 8:06 pm

I could beta-test some maps :D My connection here in my dorm sux most of the time, so I'm often doomed to play offline :D
$$-albion

Postby Phoenix » May 17th, '10, 8:13 pm

Sounds good. PM me where I can send it to you and I'll send it later tonight when I get home.
Phoenix

Postby $$-albion » May 18th, '10, 12:42 am

Phoenix wrote:Sounds good. PM me where I can send it to you and I'll send it later tonight when I get home.

Sent PM, let me know if you got it, cause the PM system seems a bit dodgy these days :s
$$-albion

Postby Phoenix » May 18th, '10, 4:39 am

Got your PMs. You should have an email from me.

Thanks guys :)
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » May 21st, '10, 7:59 am

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to test. I think I have more than enough testers for now :)

I'm planning to begin work on the official beta build for the map in about a week and a half. Please try to send me your feedback before then.
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » May 29th, '10, 9:11 am

I am beginning the beta build on Monday. Please please please try to send me any feedback you can before then. Even something simple like listing the things you like and the things you don't like will be helpful.
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Jun 18th, '10, 10:55 am

Small update ...

This is still on the way but a bit slower than I planned. I've been working overtime recently which is taking away from my mapping time unfortunately :(
Phoenix