Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

The future of defrag

Are you really the best?

Re: The future of defrag

Postby oranje » Oct 4th, '12, 8:29 pm

Double jump height is 91u so you could always just do df_ob_OffsetStartPos 91. 56.125u for standing on top of another player, and so on. Water OB's are another thing completely though.
oranje

Postby Phoenix » Oct 5th, '12, 7:02 am

<hk> wrote:
dqopb wrote:- allow projectiles to remain after death in tricks mode

What for? You are in god mode anyway so just use savepos to teleport to any position you want.

To use death either through /kill, falling into a pit/space or some other means to complete a trick. Using /savpos to load onto the perfect position wouldn't be the same in this case.
Phoenix

Postby dqopb » Oct 8th, '12, 11:21 am

<hk> wrote:Already possible. Just use higher numbers than 1 for the df_hud_cgaz.

Right, thanks. The value 9 is what I need there.
<hk> wrote:What for? You are in god mode anyway so just use savepos to teleport to any position you want.

Trickers normally play with sv_cheats 1. Using savepos in the middle of a trick is kind of overcheating. There were tricks possible in osp but impossible in df. I say, using the 'kill' bind and defined spawn position is more interesting in terms of tricking.
<hk> wrote:Is a doublejump always the same height when it the amount of ramping onto the block you doublejump from is different?

It is the same on straight horizontal surfaces. Normal jump gives 264 ups on Z. In CPM, if second jump took place not longer than 400 ms after the first one, it gives 364 ups on Z. As a result, 91 unit vs 48 for a jump without weapon knockback.
On ramps it is probably the same, but ramp jumps depend much on the very point of the jump and on the horizontal speed, so obs are all random there.
oranje wrote:you could always just do df_ob_OffsetStartPos 91

How about weapons, quaded weapons, sticky heights? Too many offsets to check. Why do we need modern OB-detector at all? We could all just use cgaz's first edition in external DDL, with no predefined offsets..
oranje wrote:Water OB's are another thing completely though.

Right. As far as I know, defrag can only calculate water obs for low depths. Must be, the deeper - the more resource-consuming.
ok wrote:another type of ob can be added, one which happens in cpm on instant jumping after falling from some range of heights (300+ or some)
its simple consistent offset too
movers with liquid physics are exe dependent somehow

Sorry, didn't get anything. Can you explain more, maybe provide a couple demos?
dqopb

Postby BeRsErKeR » Jan 9th, '13, 6:49 pm

Hello guys,

I'm very sorry that I was inactive for such a long time. My new job doesn't leave much time for defrag development and I also didn't look at the code for months. I heard that there is again some movement but I guess I won't have the time to participate in the near future. To avoid blocking the development I plan to send my code to cgg and some others of the defrag development team and hope that someone got time to commit several things to the defrag 1.92 codebase. I also hope that someone could continue my work and there will be changes soon as I promised a long time ago. Sorry but I'm afraid I can't do much more at this time. I'll keep you up to date about this.
BeRsErKeR

Postby BeRsErKeR » Jan 9th, '13, 6:52 pm

For questions and so on you may mail me at bedepa@web.de or trobt@web.de. Email is the best thing to reach me currently as I'll check them frequently.
BeRsErKeR

Postby BeRsErKeR » Jan 12th, '13, 3:37 pm

So I guess marky will add my code to the SVN repository and maybe add some parts (e.g. bugfixes) to the 1.91 branch. So a few things may be available soon. Dunno when the new entities will be available though.
BeRsErKeR

Previous