Board index DeFRaG DeFRaG in general

The future of defrag

Are you really the best?

Re: The future of defrag

Postby TittenIgnition » May 23rd, '12, 8:29 pm

I would love to contribute anything I can to anything that could use my contributions. I'm awesome so I know I can help :D
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby BeRsErKeR » May 24th, '12, 10:56 am

When we finally release the first pre-version of 1.92 anyone could help by testing and reporting bugs. For that purpose it also would be helpful if mappers would create maps with the new entities and entity features. And suggestions for new features or improvements would always be helpful of course.

With regard to the new website some people with knowledge of setting up and administrate a wiki or bulletin board would also be nice.

At the moment the development stagnate a bit because of the weather and other things but I'll continue today and hopefully the big open issues will be finished soon.

You also can add me in ICQ (594995666). I'm online in the evening most of the time. I would provide the new defrag.def to some mappers if desired so they can start to create some test or promo maps and have a look at the new entity descriptions, values and spawnflags. Just talk to me on ICQ for that. Maybe I also can make some short videos of these maps to show some cool new features of 1.92.
BeRsErKeR

Postby AL!EN » May 26th, '12, 9:04 am

Where i can get it ?
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby wubwub » May 26th, '12, 12:31 pm

AL|EN wrote:Where i can get it ?

at your local bath-house
wubwub

Postby BeRsErKeR » May 30th, '12, 2:02 pm

Sorry guys. Was busy. I'll provide the defrag.def asap.
BeRsErKeR

Postby BeRsErKeR » May 31st, '12, 6:26 pm

Here is the current version of the defrag.def. You can have a look and even use it for map creation. Those maps won't work with defrag 1.91 of course (if you use new entities or features).

> Defrag.def <
BeRsErKeR

Postby Le another black niger » Jun 1st, '12, 9:47 am

>item_custom
only about collecting frags
add TARGET key :idea:

>health : if set to a non-zero value, the * must be damaged by "health" amount of points to activate (default 0).
any amount of damage OK
Le another black niger

Postby |PsY|Shio » Jun 1st, '12, 10:15 am

It actually has a target key already just not listed in the .def file.
I like the dmg idea though .)
|PsY|Shio

Postby BeRsErKeR » Jun 3rd, '12, 11:36 pm

Yeah it's possible that the defrag.def is not 100% complete while I try to add all information there. A health key for custom items is a good idea. Could be used for acc-maps and such stuff I guess.
BeRsErKeR

Postby Le another black niger » Jun 4th, '12, 4:05 am

I just pointed to wrong copy-pasta ;)

There is request about item respawn point. Normally it can be dropped just once per map load. Would be cool to have it resetting on every player's death.

Also, hows running a lot of entities issue going? Iv got successful running of map with 950+ entities on current defrag version. The problem is, that it wont not be loaded normally, starting at 600-700 entities count, which depends on exe used. I loaded test map in tricks or fast caps mode, configured not to load all items. After setting needed df_mode and map_restart everything worked fine. This can be possible workaround. Trick didn't work for map 'eastrun', since most of entities are target_speaker, which are loading in any mode. There are not so many entities actually, may be issue is caused by specific set of them, or 432 speakers, which are loading simultaneously :dance:
Le another black niger

PreviousNext