January
21%
March
9%

Total votes : 86

IMPORTANT: Date

Postby gnj » Oct 14th, '14, 9:17 pm

Hey guys,

so we have pretty much completed the process of selecting and testing the maps and are prepared to keep the schedule that has been previously published.

This would mean the cup starts right after xajas cup (or slightly overlaps with it). The earliest possible date being the 2nd november.

However, considering we have 8 rounds, the cup would extend into christmas holidays and possibly beyond that. Which may be a problem for some people. An alternative would be pushing the cup till early january or even march.

Please let us know what option you would prefer. Also please spread the word about this poll (many people dont visit these forums regularly).

greets, gnj
gnj

Re: IMPORTANT: Date

Postby Arcaon » Oct 14th, '14, 9:26 pm

If it's during the holidays, I might be able to play (well)!
Arcaon

Postby wubwub » Oct 14th, '14, 9:38 pm

Arcaon wrote:(well)

:roll:
wubwub

Postby -DeX- » Oct 14th, '14, 9:46 pm

omg ! open registration next week and start dfwc 1st november
it will finish just before christmas
-DeX-

Postby gnj » Oct 14th, '14, 10:20 pm

-DeX- wrote:omg ! open registration next week and start dfwc 1st november
it will finish just before christmas

02.11 - Round 1
09.11 - Round 2
16.11 - Round 3
23.11 - Round 4
30.11 - Round 5
07.12 - Round 6
14.12 - Round 7
21.12 - Round 8
28.12 - END

Last round would interfere with the christmas holidays.

Maybe to counteract that, we could make the final round last 2 weeks?
Another option would be to start at the 26.10 - but that would be a very tight schedule. (Announce AND opening registration on sunday)
gnj

Postby wubwub » Oct 14th, '14, 10:22 pm

i think the defrag community is small enough now that people would hear through word of mouth that registration is open, but you might miss the influx of newer people who aren't in groups and shit.
wubwub

Postby BerserK » Oct 15th, '14, 9:06 am

First of all: open the registration ASAP and leave it open till the end of 1st round. We will spam about it in our df circuits to let people know. And as 2nd goes: Do not wait for Xaja's cup end.

DWFC should finish before Christmas.

DFWC! :dance: :dance:

:doh:...skills?
"Everyone cares about allowed scripts and huds, lol, care about skills." © P.J.RiPPeR
BerserK

Postby BGfrOzDD » Oct 15th, '14, 9:33 am

Tru daaat! November.

That last round for 2 weeks was imo good idea also. I guess it will be hard map also:D

This year we have maps that are symmetrical and doesn's have secret hooks??:)
Last edited by BGfrOzDD on Oct 15th, '14, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BGfrOzDD

Postby [NOOB]Z0RN » Oct 15th, '14, 9:35 am

As BerserK said, do not wait xaja's cup end. Since first round is used to be a warm up round (idk if it will be the same here, but i guess so), it will not be a big problem if first round and last xaja's round are played the same week.
[NOOB]Z0RN

Postby nLxajA » Oct 15th, '14, 10:54 am

BerserK, i 100% agree with first, and not against the second. Dfruns cup is means 4fun competition for community and one of couple ideas was to make this cup like Warmup Cup before DFWC. I can finish this cup 1 week earlier, just starting 2 rounds in one time, no problem.
BUT!
Are you sure that everything is ready? Site/upload/automatic demovalidation, anticheat, rules - this must been updated for current DFWC.
What about DONATION!?!? I keep money from HT2CUP, like most people choose, for DFWC and just wait moment when <hk> make paypal donation account for it (or used his personal, no matter) and add donate button.
Prize fund is huge motivation for many skilled defraggers, it surely attract people attention from Quake community not interested in Defrag before (will result in influx of players in the future).
I think neiT and mucki can do some stream-reviews about each DFWC round results, like ZERG made for DFWC2012, but for international community. I dont ask neiT about this, just my thoughts :). And if yes, he also needs time to prepare for it.

As in result, we have 1,5 week (if asking for end Dfruns earlier) for all of this... I think its not enough and we also must to do news about DFWC2014 for esreality.com, Defrag and Quake groups in facebook.com/vk.com and post it during the current week!

Is well we started talking about it not too late).
Clean Quake3 (1.32c) with installed defrag 1.91.25 & dfengine 1.08 + distributives windows/linux versions ioquake3, iodfengine, dfengine and defrag included ("xFiles" folder): cloud.mail.ru | yandex.disk.ru.
All defrag maps repack! <- very useful! Highly recommended!
nLxajA

Next