Board index DeFRaG Competitions DFWC 2014

Maps

The Defrag World Cup in 2014

Maps

Postby <hk> » Dec 13th, '13, 2:39 pm

Q3DF.org still wants to host the next DFWC. We didn't have a DFWC in 2013 for the same reason we had problems in 2012: We did not have enough maps.

I suppose this is due to the fact that we didn't actively seek out mappers and asked every single one to make a map for the DFWC. So, who knows any mappers that have the guts and skill to make a good DFWC map?

We already have a good rocket/bfg/plasma combo run, so we need 5 maps of the following types:
  • strafe (easy)
  • an accuracy map like acc_penguinz or acc_homer (easy/medium)
  • plasma (medium)
  • combo run with explosive weapons (medium)
  • movement based combo run with plasma and explosives (hard)

This list isn't set in stone. Suggestions are welcome.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Maps

Postby Newbrict » Dec 13th, '13, 4:25 pm

Who likes acc maps anyway
Newbrict

Postby Timothy » Dec 13th, '13, 9:03 pm

A full acc map would be boring imo.
Kairos does a good job of implementing railgun in his maps, so maybe he's interested in making a dfwc map?
Timothy

Postby Timothy » Dec 13th, '13, 9:19 pm

GPL & Arcaon
Kairos
mvn
Wub

These mappers would make a great DFWC
Timothy

Postby <hk> » Dec 14th, '13, 12:07 am

Well, you are not limited to railgun. One could make the map 3D so the player has to rocket up a few floors. You get nades rockets, plasma and so on.

There was a prototype for the last DFWC made by bliccer. He released it now as two different maps.
http://ws.q3df.org/map/acc_cath_rggl/
http://ws.q3df.org/map/acc_cath_pgrl/
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby wubwub » Dec 14th, '13, 9:50 pm

as far as i'm aware, i'll be making a map alongside kairos. i think (think.) he's also interested in making one on his own, but i haven't spoken to him about it recently.

no idea what map we'd choose to make, but i think the accuracy thing could be a neat idea. i'll talk to him about it, he'll be the brains behind everything 8)
wubwub

Postby kairos » Dec 15th, '13, 8:12 pm

I can handle the accuracy map idea, in whatever form it will take. I was planning on doing something similar to a cross between eastrun, railfun, and vanilla_castle. I don't think it would be a pure accuracy map, but it would include many accuracy elements with different weapons and techy strafe shit. Probably railgun, grenades, rockets...

I can also do the "movement based combo run with plasma and explosives (hard)". I'm feeling a very difficult version of k4n...

My only concern is that I don't think the DFWC will allow maps longer than 2 or 5 minutes.

also im complete trash at cpm mapping
kairos

Postby SenMatSu » Dec 24th, '13, 3:52 pm

I'm currently mapping a combo run which includes RL,PG and GL. Unfortunately i can't test them effectively because my defrag skills sucks. I've mapped the run parts but not details. Before i go deeper details, i need to test it. Can somebody help me?
SenMatSu

Postby kairos » Dec 30th, '13, 9:59 am

pm me your composed pk3 and map file (if you desire)
kairos

Postby gnj » Aug 9th, '14, 9:13 pm

guys, we still need more maps!

smooth maps which are easy to grasp. with weapons!

pm me if you have something or this thing will probably be pushed another 20 times.

greets, gnj
gnj

Next